CHAPTER 22: FACE TO FACE

Start from the beginning

Harry said "what was that look"  Judy said "What."  Harry said "The look you gave Hanson."  She said "What look"  Dennis said "yeah I noticed it too. and why didn't you tell Hanson to leave her alone."

Doug said "wait a minute, do you know this girl Hanson. That's it. You must."  Tom said "Drop it" Harry said "oh my God, is this the girl the girl that broke your heart it's got to be."  Doug said "yeah I mean you brought her flowers. Damn Hanson no wonder you don't want anyone else. Sydney is beautiful"  Tom said "I told you to drop it."  Harry went over to Tom's desk.  Tom said "ioki."  Harry picked up Tom's picture of Sydney and him.  Harry said "oh my God it is her. how did we not recognize her."  Tom went and grabbed it and put it back on the desk.

Sydney pulled up and saw Tom's mustang.  her heart stopped almost.  She sat and stared at it.  Remembering all the times in Tom's car. Talking, making out. She cried.  She said Dammit pull yourself together. you can't start crying over him again you finally stopped crying don't do this to yourself.

She got her makeup out of her purse and a tissue and fixed her makeup. Hoping no one would notice she had been crying.  She got out and slowly tried to walk in, but was hard to walk, her legs didn't want to move. They were so heavy.

She opened the door took a deep breath was tempted to get in her car and drive away.  Dennis said "this is going to be the best day of my life.  Seeing Hanson have to face Sydney, the girl who broke his heart, the girl who dumped his ass."  Judy said "Dennis stop"  Tom said "Shut up Booker"  Dennis said "what did you do to her, were you stupid enough to cheat on her"  Tom shoved him hard into the wall.

Doug saw Sydney.  He said "morning Sydney"  Harry and Judy said hi.  She managed to get the words hi out.  Sydney couldn't believe there was Tom, the man she loved, who stole her heart, and left her with 3 babies.  He was so hot especially when he was angry.

Tom let go of Dennis and turned and faced her.  He could barely breathe, barely talk. Words wouldn't come.  Face to face with the love of his life, the love that he thought he had lost forever. She was even more beautiful than the last time he had seen her.  Memories flooded his mind. Kissing her, making love to her. The last time he saw her.

Tom stared. He wanted say something but couldn't. Words wouldn't come.  Dennis said "morning Sydney."  She said "hi" Doug stood by Hanson. He said "Hanson go on."  He pushed Tom in back a little closer. Harry said "Tom don't you have something to say to Sydney"  Sydney thought oh no they must all know oh my God Tom told them all how he used her for sex How will she stay working here when they all know that she had sex with Tom. Sydney was so embarrassed. She practically wanted to die. Wished she could fall in a hole in the ground.

Tom cleared his throat.  He had the flowers.  Tom said "Sydney I."  She said "asshole"  She slapped him hard in the face.  She said "oh my God I can't believe you told them"  She ran as fast as she could to the bathroom.

Tom was heartbroken. All the life about drained out of his face. Judy said "I'll go after her Tom"  She left.  Dennis said "What did you do to her."  Harry said "leave him alone Booker. Come on you know how in love he is with her. Have a heart. Cut him some slack"  Doug said "Hanson go after her. When she comes out of the bathroom give her your flowers."

Tom wasn't able to speak. Harry handed him the flowers and Tom left to wait outside the bathroom.  Sydney was sitting on the couch crying. Judy said "honey"  She sat down and hugged her and Sydney cried.  She said "dammit Judy I made a big scene. I was afraid I would. I just can't believe he told all the guys that we had sex and he dumped me. I'm so embarrassed how will I work with those guys."  She said "honey no he didn't tell them anything. Tom didn't even confirm that he even knows you."