Chapter 20: I am ash from your fire🔥

Start from the beginning

"Gin or Whisky?"

"Wat..."

"Gin or Whisky?"

I sighed. "Gin."

A few courses in, and a few drinks in, the moon was shining even more brightly now and Sarawat was smiling widely at me. And all it did was made me want to kiss him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I blurted out.

"Can't I look at my husband once in a while?" He answered my question with another question.

We stared into each other's eyes and I couldn't completely remember why I was trying to run away from this gorgeous man.

The intense eye contact broke when my phone started to ring and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

I stared at the phone screen and picked it up right away.

"Hey Mil.. Oh did you email me those papers?"

"Yes, I did. May also called you regarding those in the evening but she said she couldn't get an answer."

"Sorry I have been a bit busy today... I'll check the papers. Did you find anything good in those old case papers?"

Suddenly, Sarawat leaned in, his lips almost touching my throat. His fingers tracing my neck, which made my whole body tense up.

"Put down the phone, Tine." Sarawat whispered.

"Yeah Mil.." I answered on the phone, trying my best to ignore Sarawat. "I'll look into those tonight and..."

"Its after work hours." He whispered again. "You shouldn't be discussing work this late." His hands were now tracing my cheeks.

"Just Wat..." I tried to move away from Sarawat by leaning back just to talk on the phone, he snatched the phone from me instead.

"Hey this is Sarawat, Tine's husband. We are sort of on a date. Do you mind if Tine looks at whatever papers you have emailed him tomorrow? We'd really appreciate some downtime. Thanks." He cut down the phone without even hearing an answer.

"Wat.. Come on. Why would you do that?"

"Why shouldn't I? I am on a date with my husband. I'd like to spend some time with him."

His fingers lingered on my neck again and it felt like I was about to die. He was so close to me... so close as he leaned him. My hands wrapped around his neck like an instinct and I stared at him lips.

But instead of leaning in further, Sarawat grinned, moved his hands away, and sat back in his chair like he didn't just almost kiss me.

WHAT WAS THAT?

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

WHY WOULD YOU MOVE SO CLOSE TO SOMEONE AND NOT EVEN KISS?

"May I present the next order, sir?" The waiter had somehow found his way back to the table and I was this close to cursing the damn seven course meal to eternity.

Sarawat coughed, moving further away. "Yes, yes of course."

And I just sat there, digging in my steak and definitely not feeling disappointed.

Its fine. Its fine. Sarawat was never meaning to kiss me. No, that never happened. Its all in my head. I got a call from a colleague, and Sarawat wanted to show him we are together — You know, for keep up appearances. That's all.

"Hey Tine..." He said after several minutes.

"Yeah?"

"Did you like the house?"