Andrew smiled and watched her walk away.

****

Carina was exhausted by the time she made it home. She saw Maya waiting in the living room and the tears from earlier instantly came back.

Maya smiled softly. "Hey."

The brunette instantly walks forward and curls into Maya, breaking down in tears.

"What happened?" Maya's smile fell.

"I lost a bambino." Carina sobs out softly.

"I'm so sorry." Maya said softly, hugging Carina.

The brunette just curls into her more, sobbing softly.

Maya rubbed Carina's back gently.

After a few minutes, Carina calmed down and pulled away. "I am sorry Bella, you do not need this when you have to go to work."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here for you." Maya said. "Always."

Wiping her eyes, Carina takes a deep breath. "I'm okay now."

"Are you sure?" Maya asked.

The brunette nods her head.

"Would you like something to eat?" Maya asked.

Carina shakes her head. "You have work. I'll make something later."

"I have time." Maya said.

The brunette shakes her head again. "I'm not hungry right now. I just want to sleep."

"Okay." Maya said.

Carina makes her way toward their room, stripping her clothes as she goes.

Maya watched her for a moment before deciding to follow her. She entered the bedroom to find Carina completely naked.

The brunette was in the process of crawling into bed. Something she normally did after a rough shift.

Maya crossed the room and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Carina pulls the throw blanket over her body and looks at her. "What?"

"Nothing." Maya said.

The brunette slowly curls into a ball.

Maya watched Carina, feeling worried.

Closing her eyes, Carina lets a tear slip out. She never handled loss well, especially when it came to babies.

Maya lay back on the bed and wrapped her arms around Carina.

Shifting, Carina curls into her. "I am sorry that I am such a mess." she whispers.

"Never apologise." Maya said.

After a few minutes, Carina falls asleep.

Maya kissed the top of Carina's head. Slowly, she got up and left the room. She really needed to get to work now. She grabbed her phone and keys, wrote a quick note for Carina and left as quietly as she could.

****

"Hey, you're late. You're never late." Andy says, looking at her best friend.

"Carina was upset. She needed me." Maya said.

Andy instantly nods her head in understanding. "What happened?"

"One of her patients lost their baby." Maya said. "She's never lost a baby before."

"Oh wow." Andy says softly. "You should be with her. I can take over today."

"She was asleep when I left." Maya said.