"My first time being pregnant, I would make my husband get me Popeyes at any time of the night and morning. If someone states with you the entire time you're pregnant, they really love you because pregnant women are hell."

"Are you guys good now?" I wanted to change the subject and ignore that last part.

"I think so. We just needed time apart, we had a lot on our plates and we were acting out of character. We got everything out and now we're good."

"So you're leaving soon." I didn't want her to leave. I like Kelly.

"Yeah, probably. I was thinking about moving up here but Texas is better for me."

"I would've loved it if you moved here."

"Y'all should move to Houston."

"Y'all who?"

"You, Bey, and your kids. Bey hates it here."

"She does?" I mean, I didn't think she loved California but I didn't think she hated it either.

"Don't tell her I told you this but she's really unhappy here. She doesn't really do anything but work and come here. Back home, she was social and I think the change from that to only talking to two people regularly is a struggle for her."

"She told you that?"

"She doesn't have to, she's my best friend. I know her. But she's not here, look at the rest of the stuff in the bag."

She got me lollipops to help with my nausea. The rest of the stuff was just snacks so I went to the last bag. There was a container and a thermos.

"Do you know what's in here?"

"Ginger shots, a bunch of them. It's so nasty but you won't throw up at all if you take them. She even froze some so you could chew them or put them in water."

"Are they really that nasty?"

"I didn't try them but I know anything healthy Bey likes probably is. If it's that bad you could probably add sugar to it."

Kelly didn't stay long after that because I had to go get Imani. The rest of the day was pretty boring but normal.

Imani asked to sleep with me again. I don't know if she's doing it for me or her but either way I don't mind.

The next day, Kelly rang the doorbell again. I knew it was her because she rang it five times. Once for each letter of her name.

I opened the door but I couldn't see her because of the huge teddy bear she was holding. I took it out of her hands so she would be able to see and walk in.

It was so heavy that I almost fell back when I held it.

Kelly laughed and took the bear from me again after she put the other thing she was holding down. She put the bear on the couch, it was bigger than me.

"Today I'm just bringing over the bear and this novel."

"Novel?"

"Damn near. Here, take it." She handed me a huge stack of papers held together with a binder clip.

"What's in it?"

Kelly shrugged, "You have to read it and see, I don't know. She gave me specific instructions not to read it so it must be really personal."

Kelly didn't stay for long so I had to read some of it. I sat on top of the bear and opened it to the first page.

There was a table of contents. Kelly was right, this basically a novel. I forgot Bey was a nerd.