👩‍🎤ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ👩‍🎤

Start from the beginning

However, she soon grew uncomfortable as Marinette hadn't stopped yet.

She looked at the bluebell-eyed girl. "Can you stop glaring at me for once? It's making me uncomfortable."

"Yeah, like how you always make me uncomfortable when you show up in my home." Marinette snapped.

"Correction, it's your parents' home. Unless you're contributing to paying the bills in this bakery, then you have no right to call it just YOUR home. Oh wait, I forgot, how can you contribute? You don't even earn a single penny when you get the opportunity." Giselle spat.

Marinette opened her mouth to say something, but she was tongue-tied.

She hated to admit this to herself but Giselle was right. She didn't contribute or earn any cash when she was asked to design something.

But that was the way she liked it!

"That's the way I like it," Marinette repeated her thought to Giselle. "Sure, I design for people, but the reason I do it for free is because I want to."

"See, that's the difference between you and Kalianna. You design, and don't demand to get paid, but when Kalianna designs, she demands that she get paid. I mean, it's not surprising. She's not gonna design something and not ask for pay, and neither would I. That's why Kalianna will always be better than you and she'll be a successful fashion designer while you'll be beneath her barely making any money cause you won't ask to get paid for your work." Giselle smirked at Marinette.

The bluenette opened her mouth to retaliate, but she was tongue-tied once again.

And once more, Giselle was right. But the girl wasn't right about how she would be beneath Kalianna.

Kalianna would be beneath her.

Just then Tom entered with a tray of tiffany blue macarons in his hand with Sabine by his side.

"Your macarons are ready mademoiselle." Tom playfully bowed as Giselle laughed.

"Let me go put them in a box," Sabine says to Giselle before taking the tray from her husband and going to the back again.

Just then Bob entered the bakery, looking around. He then spotted Marinette. "Ah, Marinette."

The said girl squeaked and quickly turned to face Bob as he walked up to her.

"You remember me? I'm Bob, Bob Roth." The man reminded her.

"Oh, hello." She awkwardly waved at him.

Meanwhile, Sabine had come from the back with a box of macarons.

"Listen, Jagged wants you to-" Bob paused when he noticed Marinette's pajamas. "Is this a bad time or..."

"No! Not at all!" Marinette shook her head.

"You sure?" Bob cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah!" Marinette grinned.

Sabine gasped when she saw her daughter's pajamas. "Um, sweetheart, maybe you should head upstairs to go change."

"Huh?" Marinette looked down at herself and immediately freaked out. "Ahhh!" She looked at Bob. "Sorry! So, so, sorry!"

Giselle shook her head as Marinette quickly ran away through the back door.

"Here's your macarons Giselle." Sabine offers her the box.

"Thanks, Ms. Sabine," Giselle gave the woman the cash.

'Why do I even listen to Jagged?' Bob thought, his arms crossed as he tapped his left foot impatiently.

Just then Marinette came bursting in again. "Wah!" She tripped and landed at Bob's feet.