Chapter 23

*Alys p.o.v*

Oh god. I opened my eyes and regretted it immediately. The lights were so blinding holy shit.
But then, I found his eyes. His shiny brown eyes that made everything okay. Those eyes that made me warm inside whenever they spared me a glance.
"I'll-" I stopped. It hurt to speak. It felt like it had been years since I'd spoken my throat was so dry
Grabbing a cup from his hand, I gulped down ever last drop of Blakes water in order to speak.

"I'll give you another chance." I whispered because any louder would've hurt.
Just then the door opened and my parents, his parents, jake and Jessie came flooding in the door.
Jessie, of course, was the first to make it to my bed to hug me. She was gentle but her tear stained face showed the urgency she had to Hug me until I couldn't walk anymore.
"Young lady we have a lot of discussing to do. Do you remember what happened??" My dad asked me sternly
I shook my head.
He sighed " we'll let this slide for right now but don't think you're off this hook for this. You got In a car accident. You drove right past the stop sign as fast as you possible could as a sane person!"

As everyone hugged me and talked to me their words just flowed in one ear and out the other. All that was on my mind was Blake.
Questions flooded my mind.
How long has he been here? How long has I been here? What even happened? The only thing I remember was the feeling of shattered glass on my skin.
Oh my god..glass on my skin! I don't even know how much damage has been done to me..

    "Alright guys.. I think we're a little too big of a crowd for my baby to handle. Why don't we let her get some down time and come back when she's feeling a little more alive?" I heard my mom say.
  God..have I ever thanked you for the blessing of my mom?
    It took about 2 minutes for her to shove everyone out and finally it was just Blake and I again.
    I opened my mouth to talk but he quickly shushed me.
    "Lemme get you some water so you don't strain yourself" he rushed out of the room.
    He was honestly only gone for like 5 minutes but it felt like 12 years with all these questions in my head. I took those 5 minutes to imagine how it would go when I got out all my questions.

"I'm sorry it took so long" he gasped out.

Jesus he sounds like he's been running for hours.
He passed me the water bottle and I gulped down half of it.
Taking a deep breath, I knew it was time to face everything I was avoiding.