Chapter 6~ Misery Or Luck?

~°▪︎☆▪︎°~

Third Person's Point of View

The night was getting darker along with the cold. His eyes were fixed on the lighter, that he was holding in his right palm. Unspoken words were splitting from his sharp, brown, foxy eyes. Keeping his other hand on a floral printed scarf, he kept continue doing that movement.

"Why me? Why me all of everyone?"

"Fate? How cruel!"

His eyeballs trembled slightly remembering her words. It wasn't something that he wanted to see in her eyes. It wasn't something that he was ready to witness. However, he needed to. He couldn't let her go. He couldn't stay away from her, not anymore.

But...

"Scumbag!"

He was unable to see hatred in those round eyes for him. On that moment his own body stopped moving while witnessing her leaving him behind without turning back even once.

His fingertips caressed the scarf softly; eyes were on the night sky now.

"It wasn't intended to upset you, Dong-kyoug-ah.." His whisper faded along with the shooting star that brought someone's heartfelt wish from the land of humans.

*********

The evening was quiet and cold. The Sun had set a few hours ago. The beautiful view of skyscrapers was visible from the outside world of glass windows. A woman in her cream-white house coat was sitting on the sofa, letting her long dark coffee brown hair spreading on it. Her sharp eyes were looking at the photo of the call list. She just called her niece, who resided on the other side of the Earth. Meanwhile, an American man in his comfy white dress entered the bed room, sitting next to her.

"Wouldn't you go to bed, Soo-ja?" He spoke up in korean through his native accent.

"Yes, Kevin." She replied her husband.

"Are Dong-kyoug and Sun-kyun doing well?" He enquired, looking at his wife's brown eyes.

"Apparently." She replied.

"Don't worry, Soo-ja. We'll visit them soon, just after wrapping things up here." He assured; she smiled.

"Hope so." She glanced at the window, seeing the beautiful view of Washington D.C. from their apartment.

Hopefully, you're fine, Dong-kyoug-ah.

He spoke up in his mind. She kept looking at the same. Her eyes showed concern alongside her husband's.

Has it started by now?

Her mind began wondering with all possibilities.

**********

Na Ji-na's Point Of View

The existence of karma couldn't be denied now. Especially when I was facing it before my eyes. There was a saying, 'What goes round comes round.' Was it that happening to me right now? However, the question was different from it. Why me? Why So-bong and that man Cha Joo-ik had to be related? On the top of that, why did it have to be me, to be tangled with them out of the blue?

It's utterly frustrating!

Staring at the computer screen, I was having those thoughts in mind. Yesterday after that unexpected meeting, I came back to my room within one hour approximately. So-bong had to stay there for some shot of work. Unfortunately, he accompanied me to my room and I had to accept his generosity unwillingly.