Eight - idk what to call this chapter

Loki wasn't lying when he said he hadn't eaten in days. Although, for all he knew, it had probably been longer. He also wasn't lying when he said that Asgardians could last longer between eating.

He, however, was not Asgardian. He wasn't even sure how long Jotuns could last. He was only sure that he was infinitely grateful for what you had just done, even if he didn't want to admit it.

Now that he was sitting in a corner of your room, with his head leaning on the edge of your bed, he finally began to realize how grateful he really was. Obviously, not for the "breaking his nose" thing. Or for sending him off to get jostled around by guards. Then again, you couldn't have known, right? After all, he was Loki, the evil, backstabbing, mighty god of lies. Although, you probably knew him better as Thor's brother. Everybody did.

Maybe not you, though. Not after he had spent a few minutes with a knife at your throat. Then, you probably just knew him as the villain. He wouldn't delve too deep into his "tragic backstory". He wasn't fishing for comfort. Frankly, he didn't want it. Not from you. You were just there to make sure he didn't step out of line. That was your end of the deal. That was it. And he could accept that. For now, at least.

-

After spilling all the gory details of police questioning to Roxy, and avoiding questions about the aftereffects the best you could, you were ready to retire back to your room for the night. At least, that's what you told Roxy. Inside, you knew what you were in for the moment you stepped through the door.

Loki was leaned up against your bed, and as you came in, his eyes flickered from the ground up to you. You moved over, careful not to slip up and step on him or something in the darkness.

"Hey." You greeted him, moving over to sit on the edge of your bed. "I just realized that we need to figure out your sleeping arrangements."

Loki scrunched up his nose. "I am not sleeping in the same bed as you."

"Ouch." You said, "I wasn't going to suggest that anyway. Obviously, you can't sleep on the couch, because Roxanne might catch you. I guess, if I have an extra blanket, you can sleep where you are on the floor."

Loki frowned. "You're making me sleep on the floor."

You scoffed. "Hey, remember what you said? Like, two seconds ago? About not sharing a bed? You don't have many other options, buddy."

Loki groaned and threw his head back dramatically. "Fine."

With that, you snatched a blanket out of your closet and laid it on the ground next to your bed along with a few pillows. Soon, you were both snuggled up in your separate blankets.

"Just," you said through a yawn, "Don't... don't run away while I'm asleep.

Although you couldn't see him, you could hear him stick his tongue out at you. "I can't. What do you think I'm staying here for?"

"Because," you fit in one last joke before inevitably passing out again, "you and I are practically best friends."