Four - Striking A Deal

"Hello."

The words had barely slipped out of his mouth, and already you had picked up your nightstand and were now holding it defensively. Loki put his hands up, although you had a feeling he was doing it as a taunt.

"Now, there's no need for that." He condescended, shooting you the same smirk he had given before.

"Why are you in my house?" You shouted, nightstand shaking in your hand. You jabbed it toward him, but with all the strength that you had at 2 in the morning, it barely came close. "How did you know where I live?"

"To answer your first question," he replied, "You broke my nose, and put me in the care of some very mannerless guards. You're lucky I heal quicker than most."

You raised your eyebrows, a wave of confusion rushing over you. He was being awfully casual, you noticed. What is his deal?

"And for my second answer," he continued, "Midgardian chains can only hold me for so long. They should have put me behind less breakable glass. They also should have protected their technology better. You, y/n l/n, were easy to find."

You gripped the edges of the stand in your hands tighter. "No," you denied, "No. I know you did not just break into my house for petty revenge." Or did he? You knew nothing of Asgardian culture! Maybe this was what they did? You shook your head. "There's something else. You're telling me there's no other reason you would break into my house in the middle of the night?"

And with those words, he was suddenly a lot less casual. That must have struck a nerve, you figured, because he was suddenly staring down at you with the most piercing, dark gaze you had ever seen. "You're clever." He grumbled.

Subconsciously, you lowered the nightstand. "Or so I've been told. Answer. Now."

He kept his eyes locked onto you as he continued. "Fine. I am in hiding from authorities, as you would have guessed by now, and needed a place to stay. Of course, I couldn't just go anywhere - so, I figured, why not just go to the only person here that I knew?" As soon as he finished, there was an awkward silence. Your jaw involuntarily dropped, causing him to smile tauntingly. "Is that satisfactory, l/n?"

Your lungs felt like they were burning up as you began to laugh. It wasn't a funny situation, of course, but you didn't know what else to do. "You don't know me," you shot at him through gasps of air, "and you most certainly are not staying in my house!"

Loki drew his lips into a line and then shrugged. "Alright, have it your way then." The next thing you knew, with a flash of green and what you assumed to be magic, the cold metal of a dagger was pressed to the edge of your throat. Your laughing stopped, replaced by shaky breaths. "Oh, come on. You don't find this funny?"

Well, he certainly means business. You let the nightstand slip out of your hands, and it clattered to the floor with a sickening bang. Part of you hoped it would alarm your neighbors, but your more sensible side knew that everything would be drowned out by the now raging storm. "You think I'm just going to let you crash here for the night?" You said through your teeth.

He waved his head. "Give or take a few days."

You let out a sharp breath, but he the blade steady. "This is the second time you've threatened to kill somebody today. Is this just an everyday thing for you?"

"Depends on the day." He replied, putting you more into shock.

You were at a stalemate. Were you supposed to let a murderous alien stay in your house, or send him off and run the risk of him shamelessly killing you? You would have liked all your blood where it was supposed to be, thank you.

You squeezed your eyes shut, as if it would help you block out the consequences of your decision. "Alright."