Chapter Three

*Aiden's p.o.v*

When I woke the next day, I didn't want to go to work knowing everything that is going on, but who is gonna run it other than me. I sighed heavily and got out of bed. I brushed my teeth and got ready for work. I drove to work and when I made it, I parked my car in my usual spot. I got out the car and I walked up the stairs to my bookstore. When I made it up to the door, I saw the door was cracked open, on the side of the door, you could tell someone broke in. I immediately grabbed my phone and called the cops.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"Someone broke into my bookstore. I am not going in there, just in case someone tries to attack me." I said.

"A unit is on the way." The minute I turned my back, I screamed when I was grabbed from behind. Whoever had me, grabbed my phone and started talking to the operator on the phone before hanging up. I was forced in a chair and my hands were tied behind my back. There were two people in black ski-masks. I couldn't see who they were, but I was scared.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

I saw a man in an all black suit come in, and my whole body went cold when I recognized who it was immediately when he walked in.

"If it isn't the freak who just couldn't keep his mouth shut." Standing in front of me was the one who tormented along side Benji. It was his little minion who works at the doctor's office and his name is Caz.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I asked.

"You ran your mouth to the cops about Benji. What did you say?" He snapped.

"I didn't say anything!" I said.

"So you didn't go to Andres and tell him you need a restraining order against Zaya and Benji..." I froze because the only person who would know that I did that was the cop himself. Fuck. Is there someone who they don't know in this town? Because everywhere I look, there is always someone that they know or Benji knows.

"So you had to go run your fucking mouth." Benji appeared and he was very pissed. Before I could say anything, I felt a hard object hit my head from behind me and made me black out. I woke up in the hospital and I jumped when I saw the cop who I asked about getting a restraining order. I also saw Massimo in the corner just leaned against the window looking at me.

"Do you remember what happened?" The cop asked.

"No, and frankly I don't want to talk to someone who is associated with Zaya or Massimo." I pointed out. He sighed and looked at me.

"I am-

"No, get out." I told him. Andres picked up his phone and talked to someone before my hospital door opened. I saw Zaya and I immediately started freaking out.

"If you come anywhere near me, I will scream!" I said immediately sitting up when he walked in the room.

"I didn't come here to see you. I came here to see my husband." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. Massimo was just sitting in the corner. Zaya walked over to Massimo and hugged him. I immediately started to freak out. There is no way Zaya could be hugging or seeing Massimo unless he is....

"Yes. Very much alive." Massimo smirked as he walked over to me and sat on the edge of the hospital bed I was currently laying on. I felt the bed dip as soon as he sat down. I got up the minute after he sat down. I groaned in pain when I got up. I could feel myself losing balance, and I saw Zaya reach out to catch me from falling. I immediately dodged him and fell on my ass. I couldn't get up. I kept trying to but kept falling. Zaya lifted me off the floor and put me back on the hospital bed.