the beginning

I wake up with a weird feeling. My bed feels warm and damp. What happened? I get out of bed and see a big wet spot on my bed. My sheets and mattress are soaking wet. Oh my god. I look at my pants which are also completely wet. Tears form in my eyes and I grab my wet sheets. I drop them in the washing machine and go to the bathroom for a shower.

I go back to her room and pick out a pair of jean shorts and a nice shirt. Underneath I put on white panties and a white bra. I try to forget my accident and go downstairs for breakfast. My mom doesn't notice anything, obviously. I go to school and fortunately nothing weird happens.

When I get home I go to my room and put on sweatpants instead of my shorts. Then I lay in bed and watch YouTube for a while. At five my mom gets home and a few minutes later she walks into my room with my freshly washed sheets. Shit, she knows. 'Did you have an accident, Mary?' She asks. I bite my lip and nod. She walks up to me and gives me a hug. 'It's okay, sweetie. That happens sometimes. You're probably just stressed out.' I nod again and a few tears roll down over my cheeks.

'If it happens again were doing something about it, but as long as it stays a one time thing everything is fine. Don't worry.' I let out a relieved sigh. 'It won't happen again, mom. I'm sure.' I'm happy my mom doesn't mind my accident, but I'm also a little scared to go back to bed tonight. What if it wasn't a one time thing? Just don't think about it, I tell myself.

That night I put on some clean pj's and get into bed. I peed twice before bed, just to make sure it won't happen. I stay awake for as long as possible but after some time I fall into a deep sleep.