Possibilities

"Can you atleast tell me where we're going?" Karl giggled as Sapnap laughed and kept pulling him.

They soon arrived at a beautiful setting on a rooftop. Karl gasped as he saw the blinking lights decorating the roof for a comfortable fort made of blankets and pillows.

"It's just like when we were kids!" Karl pointed out. Sapnap laughed and nodded. 

The blanket opened to reveal a place for him to sit. Sapnap gestured for him to sit and Karl giggled as he sat crossed-legged on the fluffy pillow. 

Sapnap revealed a guitar from the back of the fort and started strumming. He smiled and saw Karl's beautiful smile that reminded him of his love for the man.

"Don't break my heart before I give it to you,
don't tell me no before I ask you to,
don't say it doesn't fit before you try it on
" he sang.

"There's too much to lose to be wrong" Karl closed his eyes for a moment and swayed to the song. 

"And it feels like there's something here,
but I wanna see it before it, disappears,
and if there's something real between me and you,
well are we both open to
"

"All these possibilities,
so many little possibilities,
right in front of us, close enough to touch,
and far enough to have some time to see
"

"All these possibilities,
woah, these possibilities,
are written in the stars,
we are who we are baby,
and I can't help but think that possibly,
there's possibilities,
"

Sapnap smiled gently and he kept strumming the guitar. With one last note, he ended the song with a smile. He walked to the fort.

Sapnap took Karl's hands in his and smiled. Karl smiled back, the lights illuminating his bright grey eyes, making them sparkle in the night like a thousand fireflies. 

"Karl Jacobs, I have known you since I can remember. You have always been there for me, in my best and worst. We have been through the world together, and my love for you is more than anything in this world." Sapnap smiled brightly, reciprocated by Karl. 

" I don't know how, when, or from where it started. I love you simply because I do, and you've made my reality better than my dreams. Your hugs and embrace are the only things that gets me through the day, and I love you with all my heart. " he continued.

Sapnap pulled Karl out of the fort and he stood down on one knee. Karl gasped as Sapnap pulled out a purple box. He opened it to reveal a beautiful golden band, with silver parts made to look like leaves, attached to a small, beautiful, bright red ruby in the middle. 

"Karl Jacobs, will you marry me?" Sapnap asked, smiling. Karl smiled back and jumped into his arms. 

"Yes!" he laughed. Sapnap slid the ring onto Karl's finger and they kissed deeply, softly.

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."
― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets" 
_______________________________________

471 words