Rewrite The Stars

Prince George sat at the edge of the lake. He sighed, taking in the sight. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He felt something shift beside him and took a peek.

Beside him was the man he loves, with a slight smile on his lips, dirty blond hair covering his closed eyes. He looked peaceful.

They looked at each other. Dream grinned widely, making the young prince smile with him.

"We can run you know," Dream suddenly said. George looked at him.

"Why?" he asked, smile fading into an expression of curiosity.

"I don't wanna hide like this Georgie. It's tiring," Dream sighed.

"You know we can't do that Dream," George said.

"Then why are we even doing this?" Dream said.
"It's a deadend George. We can't go back, it's too late. But we can't go forward either," He continued.

"I know. But people will never accept this, accept us," George argued.

"Then what am I supposed to do? Just sit back and watch from the dark as you go and marry some girl?!?" Dream said in an angry tone. George looked shocked.

"Yeah. I heard. The king is making you marry a princess from the neighbouring kingdom," Dream said.

"But I love you Dream,"

"I know and I love you too. But it feels like a mistake. Are we a mistake George?" Dream asked.

"No, no no of course not-"

"Then why does it feel like one?" Dream cut him. George pursed his lips.

"You know, I've never felt so hopeless in my life before," Dream continued.

"We can't change the world Dream,"

"Can't we?" Dream's eyes were pooling with tears. He usually wasn't the type of guy to cry, but this was different.

George put his hand on Dream's, bringing the hand to his mouth to kiss it.

"We can never happen. We never should've happened," George said. Tears falling down his cheeks rapidly.

Dream looked shattered, yet he knew George was right. People are never going to accept them.

Genders aside, George was the Crowned Prince and Dream just was a guard. He wasn't even a knight.

That alone combined with the fact they're two men? Unacceptable.

"I wish it doesn't have to be like this," George said, still sobbing.

"Me too," Dream pulled George close, letting his head rest on his chest. Tears falling from Dream's eyes to George's hair.

They knew it was getting no where. Yet they couldn't help but still love each other.

But sometimes, love just isn't strong enough.

Sometimes, you need to let go.

Sometimes, you can't have want you want.

Sometimes, it doesn't end with a happy ending.

"In the end, you have to keep your relationship a secret. It's an exhausting relationship. It's so hard just to see each other. It's so tough just to talk to each other. No turning back. No moving forward because it's a deadend. It's a kind of relationship that I always avoid."
-Pran Parakul Siridechawat

___________________________
441 Words