𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Sorry ~ Emma Steinbakken

"We haven't been out in a very long time, I think I'm going to the park for a picnic." I told Sienna as she played with Ocean, shaking a baby rattle as his eyes followed its movement.

Ocean was now some months old so far, Yves and I were very attached to him. We had ended up putting his crib in our room because I had been having the same recurring nightmare about my baby's birth over and over again, so seeing him close to me put me at ease.

Yves had suggested we put the crib in our room when I started falling asleep in his nursery and barely came back to him in bed. At some point he had begun to join me in there after I flatly refused to leave Ocean everyday.

Dr. McCain had mentioned that it was perfectly normal to go through a small PTSD phase after giving birth. I was slowly recovering from the insomnia, including the unbearable monsters in my dreams, and Yves had supported me throughout the entire process. Through the crying, the restlessness, the unusual eating patterns and many other things that I suffered.

Ocean was a very calm and peaceful baby; he rarely cried excessively, he spent most of his day sleeping or drinking his readily available milk, or admiring and playing with his parents. He only cried when it was necessary; like whenever he was hungry or was feeling uncomfortable in his soiled diaper.

In a way, he was much like his father, Yves. He watched the people around him cautiously, he reacted to the slightest/tiniest noise or movement and he had taken a liking to eye contact. He had a very long span of concentration.

"That would be a great idea. Ocean is literally okay with anything." Sienna stroked his cheek gently while he gazed at her.

"True, he patiently sits in his baby cushion in the bathroom whenever I'm showering, everyday." I nodded while organising an outfit for him to wear outside. It was a warm, sunny day so I decided on cool colors.

"He's so sweet and friendly. But I swear he doesn't bat a lash." We both laughed heartily at her remark.

"I got his towel," Rhea came rushing into his room and held the snow white, fluffy towel up.

"Thank you cutie, do you want to help me bath him?" She squealed at my question.

"Yes please, I love helping you with Ocean." Rhea beamed widely, moving over to where Sienna was playing with him.

For the short time that Rhea was here, we had learnt that she was very obedient, she enjoyed eating our favorite foods and she absolutely loved studying. Everytime she had nothing to do, she'd be reading, writing or drawing. She practiced reading out loud to Sienna, and she took Rhea to a kids book club where she interacted with other children of her age.

She was very friendly, she easily adapted, like when Sienna would travel back to the city with her for weeks. Rhea loved being with all of us, on many occasions she had mentioned that she loved us better than her real, old family.