Chapter Two

*Aiden's p.o.v*

-the next day-

I had to take an uber from the hospital back to my bookstore. I was beyond exhausted and tired. I know I had to continue to work even if I am in so much pain and wanted to sleep. When I got back to the bookstore, I saw my car waiting for me to drive it home and go to sleep, but I knew I had to open this store. I kept the door locked until I finished doing my opening checklist. As I finished up, I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. I looked over and I immediately turned around quickly when I took one glimpse of Massimo's face.

"Okay...let's just be logical here. He crossed over before. I was the one to help him crossover, so there is no way he is back from the other side." I said.

"Long time no see Aiden." I froze, flinched and yelped at the same time when I heard his voice in the library. I looked over in that direction and there he was. He was approaching and by habit, I ran behind the counter to create space. He stood in front of the counter looking at me. He just stared at me for a while. Is he going to be mad and go off on me again? He scares me to no end for more than one reason.

He sighed and I squealed when he climbed over the counter to me.

"Hey! Stay back!" I yelled as I moved where he just was on the other side of the counter. He looked at me and sighed.

"You should not be here right now. Why are you here?" I asked.

"I want to come back to life, and in order for me to do that, I have to handle all of my unfinished business. Apparently, I have more unfinished business, and I have 365 days to do it. All I know is that I am gonna to keep popping up in places that have a meaning to me. There are a total of 6 different meanings, and these meanings also to do with 3 people, they said the first person is a lesson/the unexpected betrayal, the second is the unexpected soulmate and the eye opener, and the third, is the one I am already with. The first pop up was here." He said looking at me.

This has to be a joke, and I don't like it.

"If this was a joke, I would not be here right now, so my question is, there have only been 3 people in my life that have meaning to me and that is you, Zaya, and Benji. My question is you were my best friend and you thought I wouldn't find out what you did." Massimo said inching closer to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confusedly.

"You told Benji to not confess to me knowing he was in love with me and I was in love with him as well." You could have potentially almost broke his heart and mine because you were jealous that no one liked you or even found you attractive! Are you fucking out of your mind?" He shouted. I flinched when he yelled at me. I just blushed and kept my mouth shut. There are no point of saying anything knowing...

"Knowing what?" He snapped. I just shut down and didn't look at him at all.

"It is not important. Obviously you came with the sole intention of rebuilding your life with them. I am gonna help you, but what do you want to do with this information now that you know." I asked him.

"I don't want anything to do with you after all of this is over." He said. It was like many years of friendship went out of the window just like that. He didn't even hesitate and that is why I mumbled what I said next.

"You didn't even want anything to do with me in the first place, so I'm glad we can finally agree on something." I mumbled.

I whimpered when he gripped my throat hard and made me look at him in his eyes. Just as he was about to say something, another knock came on the door. I looked over and saw Zaya and Benji together. Massimo immediately let go of my neck and looked in awe at Zaya and Benji. I switched my sign to open and unlocked the door even though I am scared shitless right.