Chapter 9 - I am not a Prey

Start from the beginning

Most of the time, Bai Feng would have his guard up, keeping his usual stern look. Not that Xiao Tian minded, that is what makes his Xiao Bai interesting. However, the masked assassin would have preferred if Bai Feng had been able to relax just a little bit around his presence.

After analyzing the information provided by the cedar-haired beauty, they both strategized on how to approach this mission. Xiao Tian's cheeky attitude immediately disappeared when talking about work, catching the golden-eyed man off guard at how serious he got during their discussions.

With this, a newly found respect for the assassin grew inside of the informant.

"So to sum up, your boss is looking for a pendant, and it seems to be similar to that of this underworld group's possession?" the informant hummed and Xiao Tian nodded.

"We just need to retrieve it, but if there is a need to eliminate, then it'll be collateral damage." the assassin said coldly.

A few days passed, and finally, they were satisfied with the plan. During these few nights, Bai Feng learned a lot about how assassins work, and how they approach their missions. This is definitely helpful for him to strengthen the manor's security, but that is a topic for another day.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

On the night of the mission, instead of meeting in Bai Feng's room, the long-haired informant joined Xiao Tian on the rooftop this time. The assassin was stunned when he saw his partner in a completely different attire. The golden-eyed beauty had his silky hair tied into a high ponytail and wore an overall dark clothing, adorned with silver leaf patterns on his robes.

The difference is quite considerable. Xiao Tian already got used to seeing Bai Feng in his iconic ivory robes after all.

"I feel like I'm seeing a different side of you Xiao Bai~" Xiao Tian commented when a night breeze blew in their direction.

The informant shivered a little, for his attire was definitely lighter than usual. Seeing this, the assassin took off his outer coat and was about to place it on Bai Feng's shoulder when the informant looked at him suspiciously

"Why are you taking off your clothes?" Xiao Tian was taken aback by the informant's remark, he was rendered speechless.

Wait, did he misunderstand my intention? the onyx-haired assassin lets out a small sigh.

"Isn't it cold–" Xiao Tian started but he was immediately intercepted by the informant.

"I can manage, now let's hurry" Bai Feng said as he went ahead in the direction of the target's estate with his usual no-nonsense, no time to waste attitude.

Xiao Tian sighed once more and left his coat on Bai Feng's rooftop,

"I seriously think that you might be colder than the night breeze Xiao Bai.." the assassin muttered as he unbuttoned his sleeveless top.

Once they arrived, Xiao Tian swiftly incapacitated the guards and infiltrated the base with ease. As much as Bai Feng hates to admit it, seeing the talented assassin in action is captivating.

Xiao Tian doesn't use any unnecessary movements while keeping up speed and precision. The cedar-haired man wondered how he managed to escape the masked assassin's grip that night, maybe he was just that lucky.

Xiao Tian realized that Bai Feng had been staring while he took care of the base's security personnel. As much as it is flattering, the short-haired assassin told the informant to focus if he didn't want to lose his head. After all, getting distracted in a mission may cause serious repercussions.