Chapter 6

There had not been a reply from Street for nearly ten minutes and the team were getting restless and worried about their youngest member.

Chris had checked in with Hondo and there was still no movement from the windows. Deacon and Tan had also checked in saying that the heat hadn't cooled down enough inside to show the hostages and suspects locations inside.

Hondo was starting to get a really bad feeling about how this was playing out. With no reply from Street and not seeing any movement around inside, something didn't seem right.

So Hondo went to find Hicks, "How long is it until that chopper gets here?"

"At least another fifteen minutes still remaining. Why, what's going on Hondo?" Hicks asked.

"I've got a bad feeling, something isn't right. Chris hasn't seen any movement from the windows and door. Deacon and Tan can only give a rough estimate at where people are located and we haven't heard anything from Street since this all began" Hondo explained. "Which all of this combined makes me wonder if the suspects are still inside at all."

"We still don't know enough to be certain that you can make a breach without ending up with any of the hostages hurt, but I do see your point. What do you want to do?" Hicks questioned.

"I know we don't have enough intel, and that we are still missing something. I want to take the team to make a breach now, and deal with whatever consequences happen after" Hondo said, determined that was what he wanted to do.

Hicks looked like he was debating the risks of sending them in sooner rather than later. "Alright, you can do it. I don't even want to think about things should it go badly."

"Thank you. I'll round everybody up and we'll get ready" Hondo replied.

Hondo called Chris back to join them on the ground. He told Deacon and Tan to move to the back entrance while he, Luca and Chris took the front. They were ready and waited in position till Hicks gave them the all clear, which he did.

Forcing the doors open, throwing flash bangs in front, the team moved in simultaneously. When Hondo, Luca and Chris entered they heard screams from the flash bangs, but as they moved further into the room they couldn't see any suspects. Although there were lots of hostages all crowded to the left side of the room.

Deacon and Tan went in checking all the rooms they came across before they joined up with the rest of their team.

"Did you find anyone as you came through?" Luca asked as soon as he saw Tan and Deacon.

"No, there was no one there," Tan answered, looking around at the hostages that were there.

Hondo radio Hicks to let him know there were no suspects and police officers could come in and help sort the hostages out. Only a few moments later they had at least five officers coming in to help.

Once the hostages were sorted, the team spent a bit of time looking around to see whether they could find anything.

Hondo went over to the other side of the room from where the hostages had been held, having a look at the chair that seemed to be out of place. When he got closer he could see the zip ties that had been cut from the chair and left on the floor. Hondo was certain that the criminals had had Street tied to this chair before taking him with them.

Deacon was looking around the desk areas and noticed Street's phone, badge and gun on the side of one of them. Calling Hondo and the rest of the team over he moved closer to see the note. Once they were all close enough he read the note out loud.

"He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You should have asked about the kid.

Hope you can find him in time.

If not your loss."

Deacon looked up, watching the flicker of different emotions appear on everyone's face at the 'if not your loss' in the note. Everyone wondered if the culprits were someone that they knew.

Everyone finished looking around but found nothing. So they finished helping sort out any of the problems that may have occurred. Once they had finished helping they headed back to headquarters as there was nothing else they could do to help Street just yet.

Once they arrived at headquarters, they were a team on a mission and they didn't want to slow down for anything that wasn't required. They all went about getting the reports that were available and getting access to the security footage that was available from before they were cut off.

Through the videos they could get a general body build and height of the guys but there wasn't enough to go on. There was such little video to get any specific detail on the guys but the way Street held himself they could tell he was ready to step in to save people.

There wasn't a lot to go on from the reports of what the hostages saw and heard. There were many reports from civilians that gave a rough number of six people in the group, but there were a few that were saying there were more like eight or nine people.

All in all there really wasn't anything that they could work with to find where they had taken Street. As they searched through everything again in case they missed something, they were hoping they would be able to find Street.