She turned to the side to see Katsuki putting it in his ear. At first he had looked tense, and slightly irritated, but once he heard the song she had listened to, his face softened. Katsuki had planned to listen to music in the bus, but he managed to forget his headphones in his suitcase that was in the bus, right underneath them. Elena had her backpack with her where she had some stuff she'd need on the bus trip. So Katsuki felt lucky to be sitting with her. The class was talking, shouting and laughing, but all Elena and Katsuki wanted was some peace.

He knew he wouldn't find any peace at all in all the commotion. He knew that if he could sit with anyone on the bus, it would be Elena. Since she was the most calm person there was, except for when she was annoying. Of course there was Tokoyami, Todoroki and Koda too, but he liked Elena the most.

He knew she respected his peace and quiet. Katsuki looked at her for a slight second, meeting her eyes. "You like it?" Elena asked with a faint smile. Katsuki nodded before he leaned his head back against the seat and closed his eyes. Elena's eyes widened, she thought he would be into rock, or something more...loud-ish. But here he was, his face as calm as ever while he listened to her music.

Just as Elena thought the class had begun talking less, she heard Denki scream as they all began singing. Katsuki's face immediately turned into a frown at the noise. He sighed as he tensed up. He was obviously irritated, and probably had a headache. Elena managed to use her quirk to read him.

Elena smiled before she used her quirk to make a small small barrier, using her telekinesis to block out sounds from entering his left ear. She made sure the sounds from the bus was inaudible as Katsuki looked at her. He was amazed, completely amazed. Now he knew how she managed to stand his explosions when she got exploded at some of the battles they had. He knew her ears hadn't even rung. If they did she would've probably had been crouching and covering her ear. But she didn't.

(A/N: Take note that it isn't shown in the anime. But in this book I would want to make it more realistic by having some people's ears ring when Katsuki fires an direct explosion at them. I know it wasn't mentioned before, but imagine, aight?)

Elena only smiled briefly before she leaned her head back against her seat and closed her eyes. The only sound that she could hear once she used her quirk on her right ear, was the sound of the calm music.

She had only needed to use her quirk to a very very bare minimum, so lots of concentration wasn't needed to do this trick. But once she lost consciousness, it probably wouldn't be affective anymore. The soothing music and her own breathing, made Elena unusually tired. And before she knew it, she was lulled to sleep. As the bus made a sharp turn, Elena's head fell on Katsuki's shoulder.

Katsuki had tensed up before he looked down at her. He knew she'd fallen asleep when her quirk wasn't working anymore. Luckily the class was actually quiet as only small talks were audible. But Katsuki didn't hear them either, all he heard was the sound of his own heart beating in his ears. His eyes were locked on the sleeping Elena on his shoulder. Elena made his heart race dozens of times, but usually it was because he was angry at her, or because he had chances her somewhere. Once it was because he cuddled her, or hugged her, and he didn't know it at that time. But this time, it was because he liked her. And he knew that. As he soon relaxed, he patted her head before he began falling asleep. And before he knew it, his head had been laid on top of hers as his fingers brushed through her hair.

He liked her romantically. And he wasn't denying it.

———————————————

Katsuki woke up to the sound of voices whispering. He heard a camera flash as he opened his eyes. "Quick!" Mina said in which Denki had taken at-least 10 photos already. "What the hell?" Katsuki asked in an angry manner as he glared at them. He didn't want to wake Elena up in this way, so he still managed to keep his voice pretty low.