Chapter 19: Volleyball Games

Start from the beginning

Finally, it was our turn to practice. We did several warm ups and stretches to get us ready for the game.

"Go Andrea! You got this girl!" I turned to my right and saw Ariana and Colette with signs that said my name on it. It was the cutest thing ever. I guess we were friendship goals?

I waved at them as I continued to warm up.

About five minutes later, all the girls on my team stopped what they were doing and looked in the direction of the door. I then saw that Ethan had just walked in and got the attention of pretty much all the female population in the room and maybe even Asia.

Ethan didn't even glance at them which surprised me. Wouldn't he be flirting with them or at least winking at them?

We made eye contact and he gave me a huge smile and a thumbs up.

I wanted to squeal on the inside but since I was cool  I just gave him one of those head nods. Cool right?

My teammates finally regained their attentions and we continued on with our warm ups.

I waited until it was my turn to spike the ball. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan staring intently at me.

Suddenly, I felt conscious and pulled on the bottom of my spandex because I was not willing on letting him see the booty  so openly.

It was my turn to spike and I spiked the ball perfectly to the other court.

Time passed and before I knew it, the game was starting. My team was in ready position and our hard work in practice would finally pay off.

It had been exactly five minutes and the score was now 12-10, our team being 12. The game was intense and no one was willing to give the ball up to the floor.

Ariana and Colette were still cheering on loudly in the background and I couldn't help but smile. Ethan and his buddies were sitting there probably starting at the girls' butts. Pervs.

The score was now 24-24, meaning that the next point would give the other team an advantage of winning the first set.

The other team served and in that moment I knew I had to score for my team.

The ball was coming right at me and I did the best I could and jumped and spiked the ball perfectly. My team did a little cheer and we won the first set.

"That's my girl! Let's go Andrea!" Wait, who's girl was I?

I turned my head and saw that Ethan was now cheering for me and he was standing up in the bleachers. Clearly the comment was made by him and he gave me a huge grin.

Before I knew it, my team had won our first game. We had swept the team in all the sets.

I went up to Ariana and Colette with my Nike sports bag with me. They came up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Hey guys! I'm kind of sweaty here!" I was still in my jersey and I was pretty sweaty.

"We don't care! You rocked today!" Ariana squealed.

"I told you that you were the MVP!" Colette exclaimed and pointed at me.

"Thanks for coming out here guys." I smiled at them. My friends were the best.

"No problem! And hey, we weren't the only ones that came out here for you." Cole whispered the last part and nodded her head towards to Ethan who was making his way towards us.

"Ladies, mind if I get Andrea alone to talk to her?" Ethan asked Cole and Ari.

"No brother bear you cannot. She's my friend so she's off limits for you." Ari snapped at him while crossing her arms.

"Come on, Ari. Just let them be." Cole said as she pulled Ari away from us.

"You better watch it, Ethan! I'm warning you!" Ari yelled out as she was being pulled away from us. It was obvious she was only kidding because she had a smile on her face.

Ethan shook his head and turned his attention to me, "Hey, good job out there. I didn't know you were such a beast in volleyball."

"Well, I just imagine that the ball is your face so it's all good." I smiled at him.

"That hurt, babe." He then put his hand to his heart with a pout on his face. "But anyways, I'm taking you out tonight."

"What?" I asked. He can't just tell me that I'm going out with him tonight.

"Think of it as a prize for your first win." he winked at me.

"I don't know." I shrugged, unsure if I wanted to go with him.

"I'll buy you all the food that you want." he added on, knowing that I would agree on going if there was free food involved. I mean dude, it's free food.

"I'm in!" I exclaimed and ran out to his car.

"Hey wait up, babe!" I heard him call after me as he ran to catch up to me.

Just remember, I only went for the free food.

Hey guys! I finally updated. Sorry for the long, long, long wait. School is finally over so I have more free time to write for you guys. I'm going to be working on a new story which I've been writing for quite a while now. I hope you guys enjoyed this update! I'll work on this story more! Love you all!

Remember to vote, comment, & fan.

- todaywas_afairytale

qotd : favorite songs ?