1 | a new journey

It was a fine morning with droplets of rain wetting the earth at the weekend . People prefer to sleep due to the coziness that comes from nature than doing any activity that they think will drain their energies .

However, a male in his mid -20's was working hard in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for his beloved girl .

Haneul’s dad is already out to go outstation so Jungwon is entrusted to take care of his dear daughter since the girl still can’t carry out her daily activities without anyone’s help .

Jungwon cracked eggs into the pan, his left hand is skillfully holding the pan handle as his right hand grabbing a pair of chopsticks to scramble the eggs .

Before the scrambled eggs could be fully cooked, Jungwon added mayonnaise and black pepper to it , he stirred the eggs so that all the ingredients were blended together .

He sweeps the margarine on slices of bread that has been cut into a triangular shape and places a few cuts of baby tomatoes before putting the scramble eggs inside .

He hummed a random melody while preparing the simple breakfast for both of them, not until he heard a loud bang behind him .

"Haneul !"
Jungwon immediately rushed to the girl who fell on the floor, he lifted the shelf off from Haneul's legs and worriedly scanned her well beings .

Jungwon gasped ,
"There are bruises on your leg !  It must be hurt , why don't you bring your mobile cane while walking ? "

Haneul chuckled ,
"I don’t want to rely entirely on the help of a cane, I want to try to be independent"

"I want to be a sigma female just like that woman on tiktok"
Haneul began to copy the expression of a woman she watched on TikTok .

"It's dangerous Haneul, don't force yourself to do something"
Jungwon fought back .

He continued ,
"I'm here , I'm ready to help you if you need me ,"

Haneul said nothing but laugh at Jungwon's words. The male sighed , holding Haneul's shoulders and lead her towards the dining table .

Jungwon placed a plate of sandwiches infront of Haneul and a mug of hot chocolate beside her.  He softly held Haneul's hand to take the sandwiches .

He then sat facing Haneul, enjoying his breakfast as well while adoring Haneul who was biting little by little the sandwiches .

Haneul's right hand moved to the right, probably looking for her drink.  Agilely Jungwon took the mug and placed it inside Haneul's palm, he helped the girl drink it to make sure the hot chocolate would not spill on Haneul .

Jungwon adoringly stared at Haneul, he took a tissue and wiped the chocolate stains on her lips before chuckling ,
"You eat like a kid"

Haneul pouted ,
"Why don't you stop helping me ? Didn't I say I want to be independent ?"

Jungwon laughed towards the sulky Haneul, he bent down his body a bit and playfully tapped Haneul's nose ,
"Miss Tough Girl, you still need my help. I will help you get used to it"

Hearing what Jungwon said made Haneul's smile slowly fading away, she automatically turned her head in the opposite direction which makes Jungwon feel very worried .

"Haneul , what's wrong ? "

"Are you sick ?"

"Or do you want to go out on the streets ?"

"Hey , answer me"
Jungwon rushed to face Haneul, he turned the chair so he could hold the girl's cold hands .

Haneul cut him off ,
"You talk like him , Sunoo"

"You reminded me of him. Miss Tough Girl , he used to call me that back then"

Jungwon's hand automatically stopped stroking Haneul's hand, it was like a loud bang inside his heart.  Knowing that Haneul thinks he's dead and thinks that the one taking care of her right now is Sunoo , broke his heart apart .

Jungwon bit his bottom lips, suppressing the frustration that was building up inside him. He really missed his name coming out of Haneul's mouth .

It's like a nice melody that he can hear every day on loop .

But, Haneul has not mentioned his name since that accident occured . His name is like a ban , a sin to her .

"Sunoo, "
Haneul suddenly called him as Jungwon titled up his head to her .

"Thanks for taking care of me, I can’t express how grateful I am to have someone like you ,"

"Thank you so much , Sunoo"

Jungwon's lips slowly formed a tiny smile, even Haneul said Sunoo's name, he still felt overwhelmed and happy when Haneul felt grateful and comfortable with his company .

He'll keep her safe forever , he'll make sure to give countless of joy and love that existed in this huge world for Haneul .

He grabbed Haneul's hands, squeezing it lovingly as he didn't want to let her go .

"Thank you for holding on for me , Haneul ,"

~ coming soon ~
____________________

a/n : guess who's back 💅🤍