A Ticket to Home

MADDIE'S POV

The next day, I could feel a weight lifted. It was a feeling that I have never felt. I can't remember a time I felt free and not bound. I wonder if this is how I will feel all the time. This a feeling I will feel as long as I live because knowing a God who can lift you weights is a God worth living for.

God, I never thought someone could make me feel the way I am right now. Thank you for sending me Oliver. He is a true friend.

"Okay, what are we going to do today?" Oliver asks me as he washes his hands.

"Well, I was thinking, could we stay here today and talk some more about God, maybe read some of the Bible? Only if you want to, we can do something else."

"No, no, this trip is for you. Before we start, you wanna grab some breakfast."

"Yeah. We can bring it up to the room instead of sitting downstairs."

"Okay, great."

I don't even care how I look. I really just want to eat some food and chill with Oliver.

We race to the elevator as usual, but Oliver presses the button. When we get on the inside, I push him against the wall, so I can press the floor button. After I push the button, he grabs me and tickles me until I fall to the ground. We are probably waking all the guest, but as long as we are getting along. I don't care.

We grab the food we want to eat and head back to the room. When we make it back to the rooms, an elderly lady is standing outside our door.

"Excuse, ma'am?"

"Oh, hello. Are you staying in this room?"

"Yes ma'am, we are." Oliver tells the old woman.

"Well, my name is Georgina, and my husband, Henry, was wondering if you were into dance?" My ears perk up when the lady, Mrs. Georgina asks.

"Well, Maddie here, she is a dancer."

"I truly adore dancing. Why do you ask?"

"Well, last year, my husband bought tickets to this grand dance recital, here, in Florida. Our daughter is pregnant and in labor, so we won't be able to make it. We were wondering if you would like our tickets?"

This random lady, asking if we want her dance tickets. I'm not sure I trust her quite yet. What if this is a scam?

"Why did you come to our suite?"

"My husband told me that I need to go up to room 632, a girl will be waiting. He said it was a message from God. Everything works out perfectly for you and me and my husband."

"How much do you want for them?"

"Oh, honey. We don't want anything, we just want you to follow your dreams."

Oliver takes the tickets, and I hug Mrs. Georgina. She is a sweet lady, but it is still hard for me to trust people.

"Thank you," I tell her and then walk into my room. I look through the peep hole, and she is gone.

"Ahhh!!!" I scream.

"What?"

"Oliver, we just got dance recital tickets for free." I know that dance tickets are expensive too, and we have two, one for Oliver and one for me.

MADDIE'S DAD POV

I finally see the welcome Florida sign. I keep a close eye on my phone tracker. I don't really want to yell at Maddie, but I've been driving for two days searching everywhere for her. She needs to learn she can't make her own choices. I'm her father and she is going to respect what my choices are for her safety. Not only did she leave, she left with a boy, who knows what could be happening right now.