Road Trip: The Drive

MADDIE'S POV

I personally love long road trips. Seeing places you thought you may never see. Using the bathroom at different designations. Car rides also make me tired, but I can't sleep with Oliver talking to me the whole time. We created some fun games to play while we were driving. We wrote a song, and we were really good at that. We also played this alphabet game.

"Hey, you want to play a new game?" I ask Oliver while he is sitting in the passenger seat.

"Sure. What kind of game is it: Ispy, charades, punch buggy, yellow taxi." He gave all these lame games to play in a car, well, except for punch bug and yellow taxi. I like those games because I have a chance to punch Oliver.

"No, it is not those boring games." I let out a little laugh when I said that because I think he actually wanted to play those games. "The alphabet game. I love the alphabet game."

"We are on a road trip not in school, I don't want to play an alphabet game."

"All you do is someone picks a letter and a category, then we go back and forth and name something from that category with that letter. Whoever restates somebody else's word or can't think of anything in three seconds then they are out."

"Fine, I guess it could be fun playing with you." He turns down the volume on the radio. Before we start we play a round of rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first I stop at a red light. He says,"ready, rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" We pounded our fists on our palms. He has a rock and I have paper.

"Yeah, baby! I won!" I screamed, so the people next to the car could hear me. "I won, I won, I covered up your rock."

"Okay, okay. Can we start?"

"Alright, the category is fruit," I forgot how hard it was to come up with these things." The letter is any letter in the alphabet." That shouldn't be that hard.

"Apple."
"Banana."
"Um, um ,um....oh, cantilope"
"Well, um."

"Come on Oliver, three seconds."

"Come on, let me think!"

"Three...."

"What? No that's not fair"

"Twooo....." I continue to drag that out to distract him and give him a little more time to think. The letter D is hard, I can't think of anything  either.

"One!.....aw, you lost, I won."

"Okay, alright. Let's replay"

OLIVERS POV

We played at least five more times.  She won twice and I  won three times which obviously means I won the game. It was fun though. At first, I thought it would be dumb, but I had a great time relearning my alphabet.

I could hear my stomach growling. "Are you hungry yet, we haven't eaten in about six hours?"

"Yeah, kinda. What places do you see we could stop at?"

I looked around for different fast food places, but I know that Maddie doesn't eat fast food unless they have salads or fruit and yogurt things."well, I see Wendy's, McDonald's, arby's."

"Um, no thanks. Anything that I would eat possibly?"

I lift up in my seat to see if I could see any other place. "Oh, do you want Subway? They are pretty healthy." Now I'm just trying to convince her stop somewhere. I could've said, McDonald's they are pretty healthy. That would be a lie though. So we are just going to stick with subway.

MADDIE'S POV

We stop at Subway to grab a sandwich. I only got a six inch sub, but I didn't even finish it. I threw it away.  I ordered the turkey with whole grain bread with banana peppers, lettuce, and black olives on the top. Oliver decided to get the subway deluxe with almost everything on it:lettuce, onions, mayo, olives, and  green peppers, and banana peppers. All the peppers. It didn't look that bad except for the onions. I hate onions.

There was a park nearby, so we went there after we ate. Everyone was at school and work, so we played tag and hide n' seek for at least two hours. I was so much fun.

While we were there i decided to bring up a a past memory of Oliver and I. "Hey, Ollie. Do you remember what we used to play when we came to the park with our mom's." A long time ago, Oliver's mom and my mom would have these tea party type things and we would go to the park. Oliver would play the prince and I would be the princess locked in a tower, and he would have to save me. When our parents called to leave, we would grab hand and slide down the double slides together. That was our favorite game besides tag. Nothing is better than those days.

"Princess Maddie,"
"Oh, my prince. Won't you save me from this tower?"
"Of course."

After we were done playing, he ran up the stairs, grabbed my hand, and we ran to the double slide on the baby play ground and slid down together. Now, this is a day I will never forget.

We raced to the car and when we made it there he picked me up and spun me around then placed me back on my feet. I stared at him as he stared at me with his blue eyes. A piece of hair was in my face, so Oliver moved it behind my ear. I flashed around and opened my door to get in. He went to his side and cranked the car. We only has three hours to make it to our destination. Then, I will figure out why my life is important.