Chapter 1

I'm on a comfortable surface but the jolts and russles of the cart awake me suddenly. I stare out the small French carriage window as we arrive out side Earl Phantomhives Manor. I quickly fix my up-do and pat down my ballgown.
I suddenly jump from my seat when the driver shouts happily at me "Miss Verlaine, we have arrived at the Lord Ciel Phantomhives Manor!"
"Thank you, Arnold." I say while opening the carriage door and stepping out, it seemed to be that i was the first to arrive as no other carraiges were outside the Manor. I didnt bring an escort with me this evening nor a change of clothes, it would've been to much work to bring a different 15 pound ball gown and an escort would've dragged me down slightly.

As I make my way towards to entrance of the Manor, a tall stone like figure steps out from inside the Manor. His eyes were a beautiful light crimson colour,he must've noticed me in a daze because he quickly knocked me out of it.
"Ahh, miss Verlaine its such a pleasure to acquaint you to my masters ball this evening. If you don't mind me asking, when shall your escort be arriving?" He looked at me with a closed eyed smile.
I look down to my feet then back up at him.
"I shall not be bringing an escort this evening, I'm traveling alone."I say while giving him a grin as if to say "I am worthy of this!"
He looked at me confused before allowing me into the Manor where I was greeted by the host of this ball.
"Good evening, Lady Verlaine,you are the first to arrive,please let me take you for a dance before everyone else arrives."
The young boy takes me through to the ballroom where a subtle lull is playing from upon a small stage.*this cant be real, its to beautiful to be done by a human but to much heart has been put in for it to be done by my kind.*
As im deep in thought I dont notice that Ciel is trying to dance with me, but I'm bluntly ignoring him, of course, not on purpose!
"I dont want to shout so ill say it nicely once more, My Lady would you like to have this dance?" I quickly snap to reality and gently take his hand.
"Of course Young Lord! Very sorry about my behaviour I was admiring the decorations." I say as I dance around with Ciel, his feet keep stumbling over eachother and he kept falling into me, it wasn't a very much pleasuring dance but I'd say the least, very difficult.

"So sorry about my horrendous dancing, and my impolite way of falling into you." Ciel said lightly while walking over to the doors to greet his other guests.
"No, no not at all Lord Phantomhive! Your dancing skills may be lacking a tad but they definitely are there !" I say with a bright smile spread across my face. By the time I had finished my sentence the young Earl was already out of sight. I let my grin fade into a frown and I started waltzing on my own to the beautiful melody radiating from the many instruments being played. I heard clattering and chatting from outside the room as people all rushed past the ballroom and into the games room. *had the Earl seriously forgotten that he left me in here?*
I started to walk towards the big doors at the end of the hall and slightly peak my head out to the right to inspect the situation, however no one was stood there or running down the hall. I stand outside the ballroom then feel a gloved hand tap my bare shoulder. I jolt back and look to see it was the young masters butler.
"My, what are you doing mistress? Everyone else has already left." I looked at him in shock starting to wonder how long was I waltzing on my own for?
"This entire time everyone had been inside the gaming room making sure not to disturb you." Said the butler while looming over me. I felt defeated while he stood over me.
"What happened..." I asked hurriedly.
"You were just dancing your heart out. I tryed to wake you from your trance quite a few times actually." I stared at him while holding my head.
"So does that mean that im all on my own and even Arnold forgot to come get me?" I looked at him scared and he had a look of sympathy on his face but that quickly dissapeared when the Earl butted into the discussion.
"Sebastian, please let me inform our guest on why she is here." Sebastian nods at Ciels words. He's so obedient much like a dog actually. Ciel is also the same though.

"You've been kept at my Manor because your driver was sadly murdered on his way to escort you back home . No one shall be here in time to collect you, so you shall stay here with me and Sebastian until further notice." I tryed to speak but I didnt dare utter a word. *great, my parents are gone Arnold has died and now I only have my dog left and even he was due to die soon, one way or another.*

"You shouldn't fret though, Sebastian will take extra responsibility to take care of you to his full potential." He smiles and then the young master walks off.
"Sebastian escort the girl to her room for tonight." Sebastian smiles at me while directing his speech towards Ciel.
"Yes my Lord.."

While I am following Sebastian to my room, i trip over a peice of carpet and fell over onto my knees, the butler hadn't noticed and kept walking so I got up and quickly rushed after him, then he opened the doors to the room and my mouth dropped in awe as he revealed a stunning room.