| chapter forty five. |

Start from the beginning

Tsukishima smirked. "He's always been a toddler, Tanaka-san. And I'm sure the endurance monster will heal up with just a night's sleep."

"Don't worry! Just leave it to me and Naoto-san!!" Noya exclaimed.

Daichi held Hinata's shoulders gently. "Hinata, we need you, so just eat some food and rest up!"

"Guess, you get the first dibs on the fried ginger pork!" said Suga.

"Umm, maybe something a bit lighter, like porridge," Tanaka commented.

"Keep yourself warm," said Asahi.

"Are you a granny?!!"

"'I'll be the one to stand on the court longest'," said Kageyama, drawing Hinata's attention to him. "I win this time too."

Hinata was taken by Takeda-sensei off the court. And they must immediately prepare to resume the match.

"Let's go, we don't want what happened one year ago to happen again," said Yanagi, holding Hinata's number plate as he headed towards the referee.

"Yanagi-san, don't open up the old wound!"

The game resumed. Kageyama thought the match was a little shaky, possibly due to what had happened earlier. But, at the very least, Yanagi had entered the court and joined him. Maybe Yanagi is not like Hinata; he is taller, stronger, and smarter; all of his movements are calculated, and Kageyama is grateful because, with him, they can still catch up to Komomedai points.

Kageyama looked unconcerned, stoic. As if Hinata's earlier incident didn't shake him. But it was a good thing for Yanagi. That means he is still capable of thinking clearly and rationally about everything.

It's already at the setpoint, and Kageyama didn't hesitate to provide accurate passes for his teammates. He had analyzed this very carefully. Dodging and tricking Komomedai players even with his dump sets. Something that Kageyama liked, because he could see their irritated expressions.

"Yanagi-san!" Kageyama tosses a high toss for him and―

tweet!!

The ball went in. The ball hit the floor. Karasuno's score increased.

"ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪɴᴀᴛᴀ ꜱʜᴏʏᴏ, ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ᴋᴀʀᴀꜱᴜɴᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ!"

Kageyama lowered his gaze to his palms. Then he turned to face his teammates, who drew him in for a triumphant hug.

"How is it? Not traumatized anymore, right?" Yanagi asked them with a little smirk. Except for the first year, everyone flinched at the words. To be honest, Hinata's incident reminded them of a year ago, when Yanagi was injured and they became very depressed. They are concerned that it will happen again. (Even though Yanagi is now healthy and able to play again, it still feels different)

"Naoto-kun!" Suga slapped Yanagi's back hard before rubbing it, not wanting to receive threatening letters from Yanagi's men.

"Well, at least we have some good news for Hinata, right?" asked Asahi which was answered by Tanaka and Noya's enthusiastic nod.

"Let's eat!! I'm so hungry!!"

○ ♚ ○

"You won!!" it was one of Hinata's many babbles since they arrived at the hotel. He was already wearing a thick jacket with a mask to keep his fever from spreading. Beside him was Yachi who was crying in tears.

"Don't underestimate us, Shoyo!" exclaimed Noya.

"Why are you shouting when you have a fever? Rest. Have you eaten anything?" Daichi scolds him as if he were a mother.

"Hinata doesn't want to eat because he's been watching the game on the tablet that Kozume-san lent him," Yachi explained.

Takeda-sensei sweatdropped. He wanted to scold him, but this was Hinata. "Alright, take a shower then go downstairs, we'll eat together. After that make sure you guys get a good rest. We don't want two Hinata."

"Yes, sir!"

A knock on the door immediately brought everyone to a halt. When the door opened, two familiar faces walked in. Albert, who was carrying a plastic bag, was one of them, and the other was Yanagi's bodyguard, who had red hair and wearing an eye patch.

"The eye patch guy!!" Tanaka, Noya, and Hinata shouted at the same time before Hinata then coughed because he screamed so loudly. Asahi was already getting goosebumps, and Yachi flinched at her wild imagination again.

The bodyguard blinked once. "Yes?" he asked confused.

On the other hand, Albert had already advanced toward Takeda and took out some medicine. "I've asked the chef to make a bowl of porridge."

"Ah, thank you, Albert-san."

Tanaka and Noya were already in front of the bodyguard in an instant, and Hinata wanted to go but was restrained by Yamaguchi. "Is it true that you gave your eye to Yanagi-san?"

"Pardon?"

The man's eyes widened in surprise as he looked at Albert, who had the same expression as him and then at his master, who was sitting on the single sofa, engrossed in his cell phone.

"Yanagi-san said, you took out your eye and gave it to Yanagi-san because his eye was pierced," Noya demonstrated Yanagi's movements this morning.

"That's why Yanagi-san has two different-colored eyes," added Tanaka.

"Naoto-sama..."

"Naoto-sama, you've scared other people with your dark jokes again?" asked Albert with a deadpan expression. He looked at Yanagi, who looked at him as if he hadn't done anything wrong as if he was completely innocent. "As for his different eyes, he inherited the heterochromia gene from his grandfather. Black from his father and gold from his mother."

...

"What?!!!"

"This is not funny!!"

"Not funny at all. How could you?!"

"It's a gore! A gore!!"