"You're Isabella right? Or is it just Bella?" Cora wonders, taking a seat next to her. It's obvious that's she's the nervous awkward type of person, but Cora wouldn't have it. She was an outgoing, social, kind person who had depression... On the down low.

"I—Uh, just Bella." Cora grins.
"Bella, a beautiful name, really. Bella means beautiful in french." Bella flushes slightly at the new information before turning back to her friends.
"Okay, well I just wanted to come and say hello. Bye guys!" Cora says her goodbyes before walking back towards the opposite table.

"See? She's so sweet." Mike states, staring at her in awe as she sits down at her table with grace.

Cora takes a seat next to Rosalie. "Bella seems nice," Cora whispers to Emmett and Rose. Rosalie rolls her eyes before laughing at a joke Emmett had made, holding an apple that she's never going to eat in her hand.

Cora turns to look at Edward only to realize he's staring intensely at Swan. "I hope your eyes don't fall out of their sockets. You look creepy. Soften your expression a bit, jeez." Cora scolds.

The bell rings and it's time for the rest of their classes. Cora walks to class by herself as all of her siblings are either Junior or Seniors and Cora is only a Sophomore.
Lame

The hours pass by slowly and by the time her last class ends she's already out of her seat and walking to her locker. Cora is putting her excess books into her locker when a hand touches her shoulder. Cora's eyes widen as she inhales the strong scent.
She takes a moment to compose herself before turning around.
She's honestly a bit confused. Why didn't she smell her earlier? Maybe it's just that the wind wasn't blowing through the windows, maybe it was the fact that she wasn't breathing, but the scent of her sweet blood was suddenly very overwhelming.

"I forgot to ask your name earlier, but you are Cora Auclair, right? One of the Cullens?" Bella Swan wonders with a nervous expression on her face.
"Mhm! You should know Bella, everyone is talking about you." Cora hums, shutting her locker and zipping up her backpack. "Yes, well I— I was wondering about your brother, Edward." Cora holds her breath. Bella's sweet blood and the mention of her brother becoming somewhat overwhelming.

Nobody is here and her neck is so close. I can hear the blood rushing through her veins, if I could
just—

"Hello?" Cora is snapped out of her thoughts and smiles at Bella. "I'm so sorry, I zoned out. What did you ask?" Cora wonders, starting her short walk towards the parking lot, distancing herself from Bella as much as possible.

The rest of her family is rather annoyed that they're taking so long, especially Edward. He can still smell Bella's strong blood and it's rather overwhelming.
Edward searches for his younger sister and his grip on Emmett's Jeep tightens once he realizes who she's talking to.

"He acted as if I smelled bad and was rather rude to me during class."
Poor Edward.
"I'm so sorry, Bella. He's been having personal problems and Isn't in the right headspace at the moment. Would you like me to tell him anything?"
Cora answers innocently. Bella seems to buy her lie and opens her mouth to speak but catches herself.
"No—Uh, I'll tell him myself." Cora breathes out of habit, the scent of Isabella's blood overwhelming her.

She's so close, her neck is right there—

"Cora! We're all waiting for you." Alice skips over, smiling at Bella before gripping Cora's arm and leading her away.
"I'm so sorry, she came up to me and — her smell was so—"
"We know. I'm sorry we didn't come to get you earlier." Alice apologizes, pulling her out towards their cars.

Finally, fresh air.

a/n: FIRST CHAPTER DOWN

a/n: FIRST CHAPTER DOWN. so far, i love this,
but i don't at the same time yk. like all of the other chapters make zero sense but anyways...
hope this was satisfactory, any tips feel free to comment. OH, and just a warning to any new readers that i do end up going on long breaks for like no reason besides the fact that i loose motivation, something to look forward to.
ily allll, ty for reading.
WAIT. i also wanted to say that like none of these author notes are actually important and i usually won't add one if i don't have anything to say or comment about.

written: 5/2/2022