⛈Kirishima x cursed wendigo! reader

Requested by Enderrealm

"Nomu has been attacking the city, and there have been many disappearances. The only commonality that could be seen was that they were all quirkless," Aizawa explained. "This will be your first assignment as a true hero and aiding the police force. Here are the case files." 

Kirishima looked through the files of the missing people when he froze at a familiar face. His eyes widened as his gaze landed on his dearest childhood friend, Y/n L/n. The longer Kirishima stared at the photo, the more he began to reminisce about the past.

___________________________

"Come one Kirishima!" A young kid smiled as the two ran around the playground.

"W-wait! Slow down," A young Kirishima huffed as he followed his swift friend.

"Hurry, we have to stop the villains!" Y/n smiled.

The two happily played heroes as the parents watched from the side, talking to each other. As Y/n ran ahead, they suddenly tripped and began to tumble down. Kirishima gasped as he quickly chased after his friend.

When Y/n finally came to a stop, their legs were all scratched up and bruised. They could nearly find the strength to stand on those legs when Kirishima quickly helped his friend up.

"Don't worry your brave sidekick is here to help you!" Kirishima smiled brightly. "Red Riot!" 

"Red Riot? That name sounds familiar," Y/n commented.

"Yeah, after my favorite hero," Kiri smiled.

______________________________

"Yo, Kiri, you have been staring at this missing person file for a long time," Mina said.

"Ugh, oh sorry," Kirishima apologized.

"I mean the person in the photo is pretty cute," Kaminari smirked. 

"This is Y/n, they're my best friend," Kirishima explained.

"Oh, geez. Sorry man," Sero said. " When was the last time you spoke to them."

"A month ago. I was supposed to meet them at the movies, but UA got in the way. I had to tell them super last minute I couldn't make it. They never texted or called after that," Kirishima sighed.

"Well, maybe this explains why," Mina said slowly, as she looked at the missing profile case. " If I remember correctly, you guys were like super close right?"

"Yeah," Kirishima said sadly.

_______________________________

"Did you hear that Y/n kid is quirkless," a student snickered.

"I know, talk about ironic. A wannabe hero with no powers," another laughed.

Y/n clenched their fists tightly as they walked through the whispered field halls when suddenly.

"Hey! At least they want to make the world a better place. I don't see any of you guys striving to be a hero,"  Kirishima said to everyone in the halls.