Chapter 6: Q's Advice (part 2)

Chuuya had just entered the basement to find Q and Akutagawa talking about...something. He wasn't sure what, but he felt like they were talking about him since they just kind of froze when they saw him.

"Uh...hey guys. What's going on?" Chuuya asked, silently taking note of the way they looked shocked when they noticed him. Chuuya may not know what, but he knew something was definitely going on.

"Nothing much. I was just giving Akutagawa advice on something," Q replied.

"Like?" Chuuya prompted.

Q glanced at Akutagawa.

Akutagawa emphatically shook his head. Q no...please don't tell him...

Q looked back at Chuuya. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you."

They were definitely talking about me... Chuuya thought. "Ok, no big deal."

"I just remembered...I have some work to do. See you guys," Akutagawa spoke up, waving as he left the room. I doubt any of them actually believed me...but I never did think of myself as a good liar. Oh well. I'll explain things to Chuuya whenever I work up the courage to do so.

"Bye," Q and Chuuya replied.

As soon as Akutagawa left the room, Chuuya shot Q a questioning look and sat down beside them.

"Chuuya...I'm sorry, but like I said, I can't tell you what that was all about. I promised Akutagawa I wouldn't," Q repeated.

"That's fine, but now I'm going to die of curiosity," Chuuya joked.

Q laughed.

"Jokes aside though, I do think I need some advice," Chuuya announced.

Since when am I the advice-giver at the Mafia? Q wondered. "Sure, what's up?"

"It...has to do with Akutagawa," Chuuya began.

Q gave Chuuya a mischievous look. "Does it now?"

"Yeah...hey, what's that look for?!" Chuuya demanded.

"Oh...nothing. Carry on," Q replied.

"Alright, so I think you remember the way the waste of bandages never acknowledged Akutagawa no matter how hard he tried, right?" Chuuya asked.

Q nodded. "That poor soul."

"I know. But my point in bringing this up is ever since that day, since I helped him realize he deserves better, he's always been on my mind," Chuuya admitted.

Yep, it's official. These two are lovers in denial, Q thought. "He has?"

"Yeah," Chuuya replied, awkwardly averting his gaze a bit.

Q began to smirk.

"You're doing it again!" Chuuya exclaimed.

"The reason? I may or may not have an idea about what's going on with you," Q revealed.

"Well then, please do tell," Chuuya requested.

"Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you like Akutagawa," Q declared.

Chuuya froze for a minute. "...Y'know, Kunikida said the same thing the other day."

"He sounds like he's great at giving advice," Q commented.

"He is," Chuuya agreed. "And that's what worries me..."

"Is he so good at giving advice that it scares you?" Q joked.

"Sort of. Two people now have told me the same thing: that they think I like Akutagawa," Chuuya responded.

"Well, do you?" Q prompted.