6

Friday takes ages to roll around, but finally it does and I couldn't be happier. Grace called me today to inform me of a party happening at Larry's tonight, she offered for me and her to get ready together which I happily accept. I love Kelly, but spending 8 hours a day with her at work through the week is really enough, I can't wait to see Grace. Even Nathan is coming out tonight, despite not really being the most comfortable around Larry's crowd. I'm excited to see him actually, since it's been a while and as awful as we can be to each other, I love him like my own brother.

"What are you wearing tonight?" Grace fusses, as she impatiently sifts through her full wardrobe.

She's always been a pain to get ready with, she spends so long on hair and makeup and leaves her outfit until the end and then has fifteen meltdowns about how nothing looks good, even though she's a solid ten. However, she always does my hair and makeup for me, so that might contribute towards the panicked stress.

"Just a black dress, I suppose."

Grace looks towards me and sighs, raising her eyebrow,

"You're always wearing black. Why don't you wear a red dress? With that dark hair you can get away with red," she says and I shrug,

"It's a little standoffish isn't it?" I wonder and she laughs,

"As you should. You have a killer body, a pretty face and an alright personality, flaunt it," she insists.

I lay on her mattress, my hands holding my head up under my chin, legs entwined together in the air like a little girl. I know it annoys Grace how carefree I am before parties, but I don't feel the same nerves that are considered normal. All I feel is excitement. The musty house from smoke, the sickly smell of wine, the bitter smell of beer. The drunk idiots that laugh away at practically anything. But most of all, being one of them. What's not to love?

"Jon came around on Wednesday," I say,

Grace hums for me to carry on, her head still stuck in the wardrobe,

"We had sex again."

"How was it?" she shouts, seeming to think that because she's in the wardrobe I can't hear her.

When I wait a while to reply, she pops her head back out and raises her eyebrows for an answer, I sigh, rolling onto my back and angrily huffing.

"Is it that bad?" she says, and though she looks sympathetic, I can tell that she is amused by this.

"Honestly?"

She nods, waiting for me to follow up,

"The worst sex I've ever had."

She gasps dramatically which makes me giggle, but she soon sits down on the bed wanting to hear all the not so dirty deets. I tell her of his quick coming, the way he cums and then stops, the way he doesn't even look at my body. She cringes the whole way through, and repeats the words 'I'm sorry' at a clear attempt to sympathise with me.

"You need to get rid, he sounds an absolute nightmare in bed, never mind that he's nice, it's not all about that," she shakes her head and I sigh.

"But that's the thing Gracie, he's nice. I've fucked him twice, if you can even call it fucking. I can't just tell him now that I'm not interested," I groan and she shrugs,

"Why not? If you leave it, it'll hurt him more in the long run," she states, standing up to pull the Bodycon dress firmly around her skinny build.

"I know, but what am I supposed to say?"

"Just say, 'I like you as a friend, but I think anything more than that is just a bit too much for me at the moment', it's true no?"

She looks around to me and I nod.