5

I open the door on the Tuesday evening after someone having knocked it solidly for five minutes. I never really answer the door, I can never usually be bothered. But the persistent knocking has been doing my head in.

Stood before me is Grace, alongside Larry. Her face proves that she is feeling guilty, and the beers Larry is holding in his arms proves she wants to make up for it.

I give her a smile, and open the door further for them to come in. I don't mind that she's brought Larry, I enjoy his company quite frankly and he might help me get out of this funk I've been in with his positive attitude.

"I'm so sorry," Grace says after they enter,

"It's fine Grace," I wave it off, hoping she'll leave it and luckily she does.

We continue on the night as normal, choosing to watch a film and get a dominos.

I think about our little argument and it almost makes me smile, because it's so normal for me and Grace to have tiny fallouts like that. It never lasts long, I don't think it ever could. She's like a sister, really. Someone I could never picture my life without.

"So, talk to us about Jon then..."

She says, halfway through our pizza once the movie is done with. I look towards her, not really caring that Larry seems just as interested with his enthusiastic smile,

"Nothing is going on, just a shag is all," I shrug and she raises her eyebrows,

"Well you know he's fancied the pants of you since day dot," she giggles and I smile.

"He's alright, I suppose, something a bit missing but you can't have it all right?"

"Well, what about my mates? Any taken your fancy?"

I widen my eyes at Larry and let out a little laugh,

"And if they had, do you really think I would admit it to their best mate?" I smile and he shrugs,

"Benji and you get along well Cat," Grace wiggles her eyebrows,

"No! Not like that we don't jeez. I don't even fancy the lad,"

"Well Bob is seeing someone and Billy isn't ready to, so your only other option is Van!" Larry exclaims leaving me grimacing before him.

"I don't think so, thanks."

Luckily the conversation is dropped there, and after a few beers and the most pizza we can handle, I decide to set the spare mattress up for them to sleep on. They are more than happy to stay and quite frankly I enjoy the company, being here alone can be intimidating as well as lonely at time, no matter how much I enjoy my own company.

Grace and I have always had consistent sleepovers, although usually we just sleep together. It'll be weird to have her here in a bed with Larry, but they look comfortable together. They aren't fluffy, not like she was with Fase, just...friendly, casual. It's nice to see.

"If you want my leftovers for work lunch tomorrow, take them. I'm so full I couldn't even look at another pizza again," Grace dramatises.

I scrunch my nose up, "I'm okay thanks love, I don't feel like eating a tuna and pickle pizza."

She laughs and Larry agrees with me at the grim choice.

"How excited are you for the four day weekend?" Kelly breathes out when we sit down in the pub for our lunch break.

We do this every Wednesday, every other day we stay in the office, scoffing what we can in between calls and paperwork. But Wednesday we put aside for the two of us, to just chill. Especially in this hot weather.