Mags and Muscida were the ones who ordered around everyone, telling them what to bring or how to help. While taking care of the wounded, two corpses were brought in. The family asked desperately for the Victors to do something to save them. But it was too late.

Librae talked to them, trying to help them cope with the situation and accept their loss. There was a man in particular that went absolutely insane after seeing his wife's corpse, almost attacking Librae as she tried to help him. Thankfully, Finnick and Ron were by her side in case those kinds of scenarios happened.

It was a long day, but when night made its presence, there were no further notices of punishments or death sentences. Each day that passed, fewer people tried to steal, but the desperate ones in the barracks had no choice. It was either stealing or starving.

Four years ago, after Annie's Games, the people had enough to eat each day thanks to the gift from the Capitol. But that help was long gone, and they had gone back to their usual lifestyle. However, the Victors promised to visit regularly to give them food and any necessary items they would need. Although, everyone knew, once Peacekeepers found out about it, they would be restricted from getting anywhere near the barracks.

The Victors went back to Victor's Village after making sure the whipped were being carefully looked after by their family. It was a fairly long walk from one point to another.

At midnight, Dove sat on her bed, watching outside her window how the leaves fell from the trees. The rope in her hands ended again in the constrictor knot. Why do I keep doing this if I know I can't untie it? She thought while cursing at herself under her breath.

She dropped the rope, letting it fall to the floor. Finnick's ability would be appreciated at the moment, but he didn't seemed to be at his best that day. Dove feared what he could be thinking. Is it because his annual visit is just two weeks away? She wondered.

Her mind searched for anything to keep herself occupied, a distraction, anything that would keep her from overthinking. Her songbook, just a few centimetres away from her on the desk, was opened. She had tried writing a song for the new Victors, as President Snow had requested. A romantic one as always, but the words never left her mouth, causing her to stare at a white paper. The only lyrics she had written were three words, now carefully covered by a line of paint. But that once read, 'Welcome to Hell'.

Finally, she hid her songbook in her desk's secret compartment, before getting her rope back from the floor. She hid it inside her pocket and walked to the dresser, where most of her Capitol dresses and outfits remained.

"Funny how in the Capitol the only thing I wear are dresses, while in Four I only wear shirts and trousers." Dove muttered, staring up and down at the beautiful gowns she had. Her clock pointed twenty minutes before one in the morning. It was time to meet Finnick.

From outside his house, she could already tell he wasn't at home, which led to just one alternative. The walk was overall peaceful. No one was on the streets, letting Dove walk wherever she wanted. On their special spot in the beach, Finnick sat as he stared at the horizon.

"Hey Blondie," Dove said with a grin, surprising Finnick as he seemed to come back from a dazed state, before sitting next to him on the sand. "No comeback? OK, I'm getting worried. What happened?" she asked, this time in a serious tone.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking." Finnick chuckled, hugging his legs to his chest as he glanced at her.

"Well, you're seriously getting me worried now." Dove commented teasingly, wanting to cheer him up. "Come on, you know you can trust me. What's the matter?"

"It's this whole wedding thing. I love Annie and Angel, but I'm worried about what can happen to them if anyone finds out. Annie is still a Victor even if she's not as famous as us." Finnick declared while Dove glanced at him, furrowing her brows as he let go of his legs.