During the time she spent in her treatment room, Dove noticed something. The place where she always went to get poisoned seemed to be full of traps and different torture methods that could be easily overlooked unless someone searched for them.

"I'm sorry. . . I forgot. It still tastes like blood, doesn't it?" Dove muttered. Even after four years, she remained self-conscious of the bloody taste her lips had.

"Dove, I truly don't care. You could be poisoning me with every kiss, and I still wouldn't mind. I love you. Get it through to that over-thinker brain of yours." Finnick commented with a chuckle.

"Someday, but not today. . . Let's go back to sleep. There's not much time until we go to the train, and we don't precisely look all Victor-like." Dove muttered, laying back down on the bed as he did the same. "I wonder how District Four is holding up after these Games. . .Two Victors, Twelve's made history."

"I think it's going to be an interesting year. Moreover, after the lover act. Like, please, we could do better than them." He said, rolling his eyes playfully as she tried to keep her laughter down to not wake Annie up.

"I think they are in love. But maybe the girl just needs time to understand her own feelings. It's normal, it took some time for us too. And, frankly, I think they did better than Alder and I, like, way better." Replied Dove, a smile forming on her face.

"The name's Katniss, you should learn it, since we're definitely going to see them a lot around the Capitol after this." He mocked, to which Dove stuck her tongue out.

"OK, then. You can weird Katniss out, and I'll have a chit-chat with lover boy. And, by lover boy, I don't mean you, but Peeta." She clarified, causing Finnick to gasp dramatically.

"Are you implying I'm similar to him? That hurts, you know?" He expressed in a hushed voice. Annie turned around in her sleep, placing a hand over Dove's waist to pull her close, causing the couple to look at their friend, making sure she was still sound asleep. "And the sleeping powers strike again." Finnick muttered, to which she let out a soft chuckle.

"Amazing, isn't it? Now, let them work with you, too. Goodnight." Dove told him, closing her eyes and allowing herself to fall soundly asleep in his arms.

The 74th Hunger Games were as special as everyone expected. As Finnick guessed, the two new Victors continued with their lovers' act even after the Arena. Although, it wasn't as if they could stop it and put their entire families in danger.

Days after going back to District Four, Finnick walked around Victor's Village. He tried to visit Mags, but she wasn't in her house. Right in front of his own, the Ogilvy's household appeared to be empty too. There were no lights, sounds, or smoke coming from the chimney.

"Hey, Finnick!" Melo shouted, exiting his house with a bag. "Hey! How are you doing?" Finnick replied, getting closer to his friend, who seemed to be in a hurry to leave.

"A bit stressed. If you're looking for Dove, she's helping Angel and mum in the shacks. People are getting more punished by the Peacekeepers since the Games, and they need medicine and food. Do you have any to spare? Mags and Muscida asked me to go back for them, but the only medicines we have are sugar pills." Melo asked, shifting the bag from his left shoulder to his right.

"Yes, of course. I have medicine that I don't need, and can always buy food on the way." Finnick replied, walking to his house quickly to gather the needed items in a box, and joining Melo again to go to the shacks.

A few people had been whipped, others were mourning their loved ones' death. Paullus Memor, District Four's Head Peacekeeper, became even more ruthless after the 74th Hunger Games, just as a new group of Peacekeepers suddenly appeared. The new ones didn't speak to the people, neither did they help. They just stared and observed, like puppets waiting for orders.