Chapter 1 - Losing Myself

Chapter 1

Clarke's POV

Life Was Good. I was on the verge of telling him something. Telling him something that would change our lives. That I had feelings for him. That I loved him.

I laid in his tent. With his sister. I couldn't bare leaving it anymore. It was almost a week since he had been taken from us. Stolen from us. If I had only had a couple more minutes I would have told him how I was feeling.

I can't function anymore. I didn't realise how much I needed him until now. I see no point in living anymore. I only do because there is a part of me that knows he is still alive. That hopes he is alive and well.

We sent a search party out almost a week ago. I just hope that no news in good news. I don't want them to come back empty handed because then it's over.

Jasper walks in and knocks me out of my daze. "We're waiting for you Clarke. No one knows what to do anymore. You're the leader and you most definitely need to start acting like one!" He says all in one big sentence storming out of the tent.

I'm not fit to be the leader. They can figure it out for themselves. It's not difficult. Hunt -Eat - Protect each other. Our three main rules. That he made. And I flailed to do them. I didn't protect him. Not like he protected the rest of the 100.

"Jaspers right" Octavia says from the other side of the tent. " I've lost my brother, but I'm not acting like I've lost the plot. Suck it up! Sometimes we just got to suck it up" I can see the tears in her eyes but before I say anything she too walks out.

They're right but a part of me can't cope. No matter what they say.

What would Bellamy say? What would Bellamy do? Even his name breaks me into a million pieces.

"We Protect each other!" His voice and those four words circulate in my mind. I can't just let everything we have worked for got to nothing.

I walk out of the tent. My head held high. I may have lost Bellamy but I'm not losing myself.