Chapter 4

I slide along another ledge of the stone part of the famed Glass Castle. I jump and land swiftly on the ground in the gardens. I look around and see a balcony, the Prince staring in my direction. Dammit, did he see me ? I let myself look at him before he drops his stare and I drop to the ground, feeling the cold dirt and leaves beneath my suited robes. Then I slide, letting myself move like a snake along the ground, a chirp above me. I look up and see a jay sitting on a branch above me, look especially disdainful. "Go away!" I shop but it doesn't move just stares and chirps. I throw a rock and it releases a angry cry before vanishing. Well that's that. I stand up and run, my footsteps like cats on the lightly damp leaves.

After assessing the castle and its defences, I decided I will need a new technique. Preferably one where I won't wind up being spotted by a prince and disturbed by a bird. What am I, an amateur? So I return to the Assassins Keep. "So?" I receive the first question from Arobynn. "Well the castle is very well protected as expected and rhyming intended, I have made a few mistakes and had to return shortly. Luckily I found a ledge which leads to an entrance. Quite the mistake in design. But anyway, I shall return tomorrow and find the papers. Then as commanded, kill the leader of the Guild and get it over with.Sounds fine?" I ask and Arobynn nods. "Fine, whatever just do the contract", then he send me away with a wave of his hand.

The rest of the day, I spend shopping. After my latest pay check, I have quite the money. And lots to spend on with the traders in the city. I walk around the market, and try on everything. From tight,silky dresses to elegant hats, I extend my wardrobe extensively. I am at a stall when I spot a young man, probably my age standing a few meters away. He is cute with short, brown hair and smile. I put on my new hat and walk over. "Mister, I was standing over there and could not help but spot you", I start and he turns around, a slight blush on his cheeks. "Hello, I mean hi, my name is Chaol,"

♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️
HEY GUYS!!!!! Oh my God!! I actually updated!!' Sorry I was working on this novel I am writing with a few friends and the plot is amazing. Betrayal as hell. Anyway, I have decided to give this fanfic 12 or so chapters, so it won't be so long, but I will write a new fic later, this one first.
Another thing, that cliffhanger! Does it count as one ? This story might come as confusing but later will everything be explained how it fits into the story. But even though this chapter was short, the next will be longer and Chaol/Celeana feels!