Chapter 2

Obanai's Pov.

What a shocker. I thought a serial killer like him couldn't care less about school work and just wants to take this as his advantage to enjoy his little freedom from being locked up in a high place, where he's being watched 24/7 with no way out. Seeing him filling up the answers from the math textbook actually catches me off guard.

I turn my head towards my own math textbook and begins to write down the answers and the answers from where I left off on Friday. I make sure my answers are correct if I ever want to pass this class. I even check them over five times to make sure I'm satisfied with the answers that I've picked for them.

I'm so focused on finishing Chapter 17 that I don't even realize the time until the bell rings loudly to let us know the second period is over. I shut my math textbook and notebook after I finish answering the questions from the chapter. I place my pencil back into the case and put the items in the desk.

"Ssssss....."Kaburamaru sticks his head out, only for me to push him back into my scarf.

"Shhh...you can't come out yet," I whisper to him. Kaburamaru goes back into my scarf to hide from everyone's view. I glance over to the serial killer and notices he is already gone.

"Hurry the fuck up, Obanai! We can't lose sight of that killer!" Sanemi grabs my wrist and drags me out of the classroom, earning a yelp out of me.

"I'm coming... I'm coming..." I mumble under my breath as I keep up with Sanemi. I really don't want to go after that Rampage Killer, but I have no other choice. We have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't blame to harm other students or try to escape from this college.

We eventually arrive to our geography/history class and go inside, seeing the Rampage Killer sitting by the window, staring blankly at the clouds. He already has his geography and history textbooks, notebooks, and pencil sitting on his desk. He still has this mystery and cold aura around him, causing everyone in the classroom to stiff nervously and glares at him.

"Tsk.He's off the fucking hook just for this once," Sanemi huffs. She lets go of my wrist and heads over to her desk to sit down.

"......"I don't response to her statement as I head over to a desk, not too far from Rampage Killer, and sits down on the chair. I stare at him for a few seconds and notices that he has yet to turn his head towards me to see why I'm intensely looking at him. It's like he's already used to being stared at all the time.

"Stop fucking staring at him, Obanai. You look like a freaking creepier staring at their crush," Sanemi snaps me out of my thoughts.

".... I'm curious on why he isn't doing anything to get out of here," I mention.

"Who gives a fuck what's he doing? That killer isn't going anywhere as long as he has that electric collar on his neck," Sanemi curses at me. "Besides, it's not like either of us will ever going to befriended that thing. He would be better off dead than alive. He had killed thousands of people without a damn care in the world. He's heartless, and that's all he ever going to be."

"You're right. That thing is never going to be welcome into this college and be accepted by us. We're only watching him because we have to. Not because we want to. He's just a heartless bastard that they show have kept him locked up, " I agree with her.

I nearly yelp out loud when Kaburamaru bit me on the neck. I glance down at the scarf and see him glaring at me. He's also hissing at me for what I said. It's like he's disagreeing with me about the Rampage Killer being a heartless criminal. Why? He's Rampage Killer, isn't he not? He has taken so many lives over the years.

He deserves to be unwelcomed by anyone in this college. The geography/history teacher comes in after the bell rings again and stands in front of the desk. Like the math teacher, he pales at the sight of Rampage Killer and holds his textbook nervously. He recognizes him right away and knows what he should or should not do while he's here.