𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

By her 12th week, Faith's baby bump was beginning to show. While small, there was only so much more hiding she could do with baggy clothes in pictures or rattling off a quick I must be bloated excuse to anyone who might've noticed.

Naturally, after making their reentry to the engagement party, they hadn't told anyone about the fact that Faith was pregnant. Seeing as they'd been through breaches of trust before, they'd gotten together that night after everyone had gone home and compiled a shortlist of people that they'd share the news with initially. If they felt comfortable enough, they'd expand the list, but the idea was to not take any chances. Even still, some people in their circle—no matter how long they'd known them—wouldn't find out until Faith or Chris decided to post about it on social media.

Maybe it could be seen as overdoing it. But it was the little things that mattered early on, and Faith and Chris wanted the best for their baby. They deserved it.

One afternoon, Faith was resting on the couch eating ice cream and watching a movie. Dodger sat near her feet, tail swishing lazily. On the other side of the room, Chris was at the kitchen counter, sitting on a stool while typing away at his laptop. "Babe, do you know what today is?"

Chris swiveled around to face her. "Should I know what today is?"

After pausing the movie, Faith grabbed her phone from the coffee table and turned it toward him with a soft smile. "It's the anniversary of when we first tweeted each other."

"No way," Chris got up and joined her on the couch to see her phone screen. "Oh, man. Time really flies, doesn't it?"

She gestured to her belly. "I mean, clearly. I don't think either of us had all this in mind back then."

"Tell me about it. What did you do when you found out you won the contest?"

As the memories returned to her mind, Faith laughed. "I don't think you wanna know, it's so embarrassing."

"Now you gotta tell me, babe." He replied, giving her knee a gentle nudge. That teasing tone, the twinkle in his eye...she was powerless to it, and supposed she always would be.

"Fine..." She went on to explain how she and Cass had watched the video his team had sent, how their excited screams had carried through her apartment, and the way she thought she had no chance of winning in the first place. "I was a complete and total mess."

"I would've loved to have seen that." Chris replied with a chuckle. "Before we met at the game, I was so nervous about sending that DM to ask for your number. Scott will tell you, I was practically shaking."

"No way!"

"Yes way. I almost chickened out, to be honest. Here's this gorgeous lady who writes for one of my favorite sports teams and she gets to be my Oscars date. It was too good to be true."

Faith shook her head playfully, warmth in her cheeks as she grinned. "Thank God you didn't chicken out, then."

"Mhm," He pressed a soft kiss to her lips, followed by her forehead. "How you feeling? You need anything?"

"I think I'm fine for now, actually." She instinctively rubbed a hand over her belly. "I have an alarm to take my prenatal vitamins in like, an hour."

"Good. Let me know when you're hungry and I'll make you something."

"Thanks, babe."