Ch 18: Damn Him That Bipolar Drunk.

Start from the beginning

...maybe for a start he let me keep my name and didn't call me something ridiculous like Rabbit?

Kaden took another sip of his drink and shrugged, "Well for a start I didn't name her Rabbit."

I nearly smirked.

Rabbit turned red and tried in vain to cover some of her scantily clad form.

I frowned. Wanting to tell her that it was okay.

Eventually you get used to wearing things that would flash people if you made any wrong movements.

She was obviously new to the whole thing and was clearly shy...like a rabbit.

poor girl.

I glanced at Kaden who gave me a little push toward the girl, obviously understanding my internal dilemma.

With cautious steps I approached her and smoother her hair back, catching her by surprise, "you are very pretty."

She blushed, "t-thank you."

"You shouldn't be scared, not here. Lord Dawson is kind and very generous."

She looked at me wide eyed before nodding.

"Would you like anything? something to eat perhaps? the food here is spectacular, my master will only accept the best."

She looked away shyly nodding once more, murmuring something I couldn't understand.

I frowned, "pardon."

She turned a brighter shade of red, "I-I said I s-suppose t-thats why he has you." She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, "you're very pretty...I didn't even realize you were human at first."

I laughed at bit, picking some food off a passing servants tray and handing it to her, "ah yes well I was purchased for that reason."

She looked surprised, "really? thats it?"

I nodded, "thats it."

for a moment I thought she looked envious. I opened my mouth to ask her why when I was pulled back by Kaden. He threw his glass back, daring it of its contents before, begrudenly telling me we had other things to do and dragging me from the ballroom.

I spun on him the moment we were alone in one of the many hallways, "What the hell Kaden!"

I looked at me, disgust curling in his lip. That slur I was waiting for finally seeping into his voice as he leaned against the wall, "I couldn't take that disgusting display from you any longer."

My jaw dropped, "what?! What the fuck did I do wrong?!"

He gestured to all of me, "Its just wrong, all wrong. I couldn't handle the my wonderful master crap anymore."

Hell he was an angry drunk.

"Then what did you want from me?"

His eyes darkened a bit as he took me in, "I wanted you to stop drawing all that attention to yourself."

My eye twitched, "you put me in a highly decadent gown that barley covered my lady bits and a collar and expect no one to look at me?"

He nodded as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

I threw my hands up in exasperation, "what the hell, why?!"

"Because your my pet. Nothing any of them should be overly interested in."

I wasn't sure if I should be offend or not, "Kaden what do you expect from me I was a good obedient girl like everyone expected! what would you rather have me done."

He pulled me close to him, eyes cold, "I would rather of had you punch that trapper square in the jaw for having the audacity to say such things to you and have you glare at every fucking vampire that undressed you with their eyes when they knew they shouldn't. When they knew-"

He cut himself off banging his fist against the wall.

I stared at the cracked plaster

This was ridiculous, "when they knew what Kaden?"

"That you belong to me Calla, your my pet, my property and a human. They shouldn't even fucking care that you were there, glance at you at the most maybe but every fucking one of them looked like they would screw over their propriety just to see what little that gown hides to touch you like no one should."

My lips formed a bitter frown, "I suppose I just have that effect on vampires then huh, my lord?"

Kaden cringed a bit, his shoulders falling, "...Calla."

"yes?"

"Its not the same."

My jaw dropped.

"HOW THE FLIPPING HELL IS IT NOT THE SAME?! WHY BECAUSE YOU PAID FOR ME?"

He frowned, "now your just making yourself sound like a prostitute."

I rubbed my temple, "your missing the point."

"Am not. The point is your mine to imagine naked, not theirs."

I was not even going to justify that with a response. "there is no point in arguing with you while you're drunk his there?"

He peeled himself off the wall, "There is no point in arguing with me ever."

He took my hand, a boyish smile taking over his face, "lets go swimming."

I shot him a shocked look, "swimming?!"

He nodded, "the ball is boring, you're boring there. besides you've never seen the indoor pool have you."

"But-"

"remember pet, no point in arguing with me."

"my gown Kaden!"

"just take it off."

"Then I'll be naked!"

He looked at me over his shoulder one dark brow raised, "If it will make you feel better I'll get naked too."

I didn't even know what to say to that.

Damn him that bipolar drunk. I hope he passes out before we get to the pool.