Chapter 64: False Deity

08/02/4014 AD – 20:32 – Lavamelt – Nuclear Wasteland

The crash of light created an explosion that scattered particles of shimmering light and obscuring smoke; it soon cleared and Flaaregon was completely unscathed.

Crystrx jumped onto an open communications line, "Alliance and Rebellion forces, bombard that thing with artillery! All flight units, attack!" At her command, Mylialta, Grav Bombers, White Ravens, and Heygrasaults all began to take to the skies; the Rebellion were more hesitant with their deployments. Several Carazstars aimed their energy cannons at Flaaregon and opened fire, the blasts hit the wings of the beast, but no damage was dealt.

"The wings act as shields!" Hyperzio revealed as he attempted to get close. "Attack from alternate angles; force it to split apart its wings!" He aimed his Angelic Cannon and shoulder cannons at the top of the crest that was sticking out from his tucked in head. Flaaregon seemed unaffected. Suddenly, the long tails extended, dashed upwards and thwacked Hyperzio; the tail then came back down and smashed the disorientated Hyperzio into the surface.

"Hyperzio!" Anmarina cried out. She engaged her water blades and rushed at the phoenix. Just as she was about to strike, the water evaporated from her arms. "What?!" The blue Wyperian was then smacked by Flaaregon's wings, throwing her into the ground.

"It's exposed! Fire!" Crystrx ordered. Mylialta unleashed waves of missiles, Grav Bombers used Flaaregon's Carazstar length wingspan to their advantage and commenced a sideways bombing run along its back. White Ravens fired their remote missiles at the creature's head. Explosions spread all over the body as it let out a screech. Fire began to form in Flaaregon's beak, but this time, the attack immediately launched, spreading a much weaker beam of fire that washed over the fighters within ranges. More explosions decorated the skies.

"That attack destroyed fifteen of our aircraft!" a soldier cried out over open comms.

Meanwhile, Alexis looked on at the battle with Kira, Alpha, and Jonathon.

"Here we are!" Millenicel descended to the group with a Heygrasault following him; the pair landed just behind the group. "This will take you away from here, Lexi".

"What?! Why me?!" Alexis cried out.

"Because you can't do anything", Kira pointed out quietly.

"What do you mean?!"

"Your armament", Alpha explained. "You have two pistols and a sword; you don't have a visor and the Darkcrusher can't even fly".

"Oh I see!" Alexis's face brightened. "This will take me back to a ship to re-equip".

"No", Alpha said coldly.

"Why not?!"

"We don't have a spare flight pack".

"Okay then I'll borrow a spare flight-type A.M.R."

"We don't have any".

"What?! You've had like three Skystorms!"

"One of those was a proto-type suit. The one I'm wearing now is a special variant that was gifted to me; I'm not letting you pilot it".

"Grrrr", Alexis slammed her first into the side of the Heygrasault; she knew they were right.

"Alpha; Fated, Coru, and Vice are about to deploy", Jonathon announced. "We better go".

"Yes, Sir", Alpha's thruster wings expanded.

"Hey, hold on a minute!" Alexis grabbed Jonathon's arm. "You said that Darkcrusher can't fly! Coru uses an older version of Darkcrusher!"

"Yeah, but he's just an A.I.", he explained. "His lightweight thrusters enable flight because he weighs next to nothing himself; he's just an A.I. chip in a fake body".