Chapter 48: Towards Dawn

08/02/4014 AD – 03:00 – Warturf – Shorophrou Port – Main Hanger – Lyshaspeare

"IT'S! THREE! F*@#ING! A.M.!" Crystrx slammed her firsts into one of the control panels on the bridge of the Ultrayan Alliance's command ship. "Why are we not up in the air yet?!"

"Ma'am, we've cleared out all hostiles, but we are still gathering reinforcements to maintain the ship", a soldier replied.

"The ship only needs around twenty people to operate the thing!" Crystrx spat.

"Yes, but that's only for the controls, our primary weapon and the side rail guns", the soldier continued to explain. "Our artillery and anti-fighter turrets would be offline".

"Like a few Duacrits could take out the ship!"

"No but a few Duacrits could take out some important parts of the ship... like the side rail guns... or the main cannon... or you know... the bridge itself?"

"Okay, I get it! Just hurry up!"

08/02/4014 AD – 03:00 – Warturf – Skies Above Shorophrou Port

"It's three A.M.", Elimiphlaren told himself as a Carazstar in front of him was falling to the ground below, burned from the Angel's searing flames. "Everyone will start getting exhausted soon; adrenaline only lasts so long. Although, I imagine the U.A. got plenty of sleep in the day to last them through the night". He looked around and saw the Tri-Carazstar, "I better finish this off quick". He flew towards the linked ship and started to dodge the plethora of lasers that had begun to fire upon him. The Angel got close enough to the smaller turrets to blast them with devastating flames. Suddenly, he jumped backwards to dodge an orange beam of solar energy; Sollikarr had emerged from within the ship, wielding two of his signature solar rifles.

"You can't be serious!" Elimiphlaren began to laugh hysterically. "Shouldn't you be on guard duty on the other side of the planet?" Sollikarr grunted in response.

"Come now, those rifles have extremely limited ammo at night; only what they began with!" Elimiphlaren pointed out. "Five shots, maybe six or seven?"

"Well the moon IS just reflecting sunlight", Sollikarr bluffed.

"Oh come on; we both know that it doesn't work like that".

"Maybe I've upgraded it".

"If you had, you wouldn't have just told me".

"Maybe that's just what I wanted you to think; you are extremely predictable, after all".

Elimiphlaren summoned and aimed his Angelic Cannon at his enemy. But suddenly scorching fires hit the golden Wyperian from behind, catching him off-guard. Only then did the Angel-Quadria fire his cannon and deplete a fifth of Sollikarr's health.

"I confess", Elimiphlaren kicked Sollikarr across the burning metal skin of the Tri-Carazstar. "The old me was very predictable; misguided too. But now I have a purpose; my little girl will be revived!" He picked up Sollikarr by the head and slammed him into the wall, "And it will happen before you ever even get a chance to revive Hyperzio!"

Sollikarr's suddenly blurted out, "Shadow Ability: Solar's Carnage!" Elimiphlaren dashed backwards and shielded up, waiting for the golden glow of a sun. But nothing happened; instead, he was met with laughter.

"I've always wanted to try that!" Sollikarr stood and dusted himself off. "Saying the words 'Shadow Ability' doesn't mean that you are going to unleash it". He picked his rifle off the floor and aimed it once again at the Angel; a small energy blast hit Elimiphlaren's shield.