7.

Nicole...

"See you soon Richie Rich" I heard the hushed voice coming from the backyard.

"Gotcha," I hugged my bunny from behind making him shriek in surprise. I knelt & turned him to face me.

"Whom were you talking with? Girlfriend?" I teased him.

He shook his head vigorously, "My new Bestie" He exclaimed with an ear-splitting grin.

"Do I know him/her?" I asked ruffling his hair.

He shook his head again & was about to speak when my ringing cell interrupted us...

"Hey, James"

"You need to come as early as possible, I'm texting you the address"

"But what..." He hung up abruptly without any explanation making me worried.

"Hey Champ, I need to be somewhere, uncle James needs my help so can you tell Emmy the same?"

"No worries Coco, but come back soon" He nodded.

"Sure bunny, I'll be back in no time" I pecked his forehead & left right away.

I reached the destination in no time it was a nearby condominium which was lavish, to say the least.

I saw James pacing in the lobby worry etched on his face.

"Hey," I approached James,  his head snapped up so fast that I wondered if he got whip splash.

"Careful old man," I joked to lighten him up.

"Thank God, you're on time" He took me in a bear hug.

"Wow, What's wrong?" I asked, breaking out of the hug.

"I've got a date with Ginny &..."

"Are you serious? When? How? & What's the problem then? Ah..." I squealed in excitement without thinking about my surroundings.

"Geez, calm down girl" He interrupted my happy dance, "I was here to check up on Rick & to my horror, he's drunk out of his mind & I can't leave him alone so I want you to watch him for me till I return," He said in one go.

"What?" I shirked louder than before, "Why me?"

"I can't tell Mia about his condition after what happened yesterday, I rang his other PS too, but he is in London for some work, so I called you because I don't wanna spoil Ginny's mood, I promise I'll be back soon."

"I'm not sure James, you know that we barely withstand each other & he won't be happy to see me here," I said, unsure.

"I know Nic, but I can only trust you about him, no one can bare him except you, I'll be back soon I swear"

"Ok, but be back soon, I won't be able to tolerate him for a longer time..." I cave in, I couldn't let anyone spoil their date.

"Thank you so much, sweetheart"

"But I want all the deeds of the date."

"You have my words" He trudged towards his car & I went towards the lift as The great Richard likes the topmost of literally everything...

I swap the emergency card in for entrance. I tiptoed into the hallway, It was a pin drop silence.

"What the heck are you doing here?" His voice boomed in the empty condo. His voice was a clear hint for me to run from there as soon as possible, he sounded angry as hell, I looked around, but couldn't see him as the lights were off & my only source of light was moonlight.