Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

I take off my flip flops and walk over towards the small waves. I look out towards the lake and see a few boats. I have never been on a boat or even want to be on one. Boats are one of my biggest fears. I have seen Titanic and the Perfect Storm and Poseidon and all those other movies where they end up dying from a boat. Like finding Nemo! Except, no one dies and there is only that one boat where the sharks almost eat Nemo's dad. I am so special.

"Shall we get to our next destination?" he asks.

"What? That was it. I don't know any other place we could go," I reply.

"I do."

With that, he starts walking back onto the sidewalk. He grabs out his phone and starts typing away, completely ignoring my question. We have literally been to every place, whatever we didn't see today, we are seeing tomorrow. I kinda hope we stay an extra day or two. I really feel like I haven't seen enough. Maybe even go to Springfield! They don't preform until September 11 in Pasadena. That is a huge break for them. Hopefully, we all get to go our own ways for a few days. I want to go to Springfield.

We pull up in front of a recording studio....I am so confused as to why we are here. This was probably the most random place you could go in Chicago.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"I uh..I have to talk to the producers, for our new album coming out soon. Just money talk and stuff," he replies.

I get out and walk right next to him. I enter the lobby and a scent that was so amazing filled my nose. It was like, a Caribbean escape. It smelled amazing. I am knocked out of my thoughts when I saw Niall running towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Same reason as Louis told you..." he replies, thinking about what he was going to say.

"Niall, lets go. This meeting is important. If we miss it, then we won't have an album."

"I don't want to go. We just sit there and do nothing. They are suppose to ask us if they should do something, but they end up making the decision themselves."

"Niall! Lets go!"

"No."

Louis' facial expression is angry. He walks up to Niall and grabs him by his legs. He drags him by his legs over towards the elevator. All of a sudden, I hear a bump.

"Ow! Louis! Why did you do that! My head hurts now!" Niall shouts.

"Sorry Lad. I didn't see the elevator door closing," Louis says laughing.

"I need to go to the first aid room, this really hurts," Niall says.

"I can't take you, we both have a meeting. I'll tell them what happened and why you couldn't make it. Jenn can take you. Right Jenn?"

"hm?" I reply.

"Can you take Niall to the first aid room, he knows where it is."

"Oh, um yea!"

I walk over towards Niall and help Louis get him off the ground. I follow Niall, who seems to be doing a lot better than how he was minutes ago. We take the stares because, according to Niall, he is now afraid of elevators, specifically the door part. When we make it to the fifth floor, Niall opens the door and turns right. He seems to be doing a lot better. He has a small limp, but it doesn't seem like his head hurts anymore.

Niall opens the door and I am immediately shocked at what I see. This is a recording studio. The blinds to the recording area are shut, but the machines are on.

"Niall, we are in the wrong-" I begin to say.

Niall immediately pulls up the blinds and I see Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael all sitting in that room, with their own instruments. People come in from another room and sit in their designated seats in front of the recording machines. I am completely confused right now. Why are we even here.

"Niall," I whisper, "what are we doing here?"

"You'll see."

All of a sudden, lights begin to change colors and the sound of guitars fill the speakers. I look through the window to see all of them start playing a song.

Luke begins, "back in high school, we used to take it slow."

He looks over at Calum and they both smile and stare at me before Calum continues the song.

Throughout the whole song, they each sang a verse or two. Calum and Luke were the main singers. I have heard this song when they preformed in the stadiums, but never this good. During the song, I kept staring at Luke, I don't know if he can see me, but he kept looking in my direction.

After their song ends, they set everything in its place and walk out of the room. The first person I go to see it Luke. I give him a huge hug.

"You were amazing," I say.

"Thanks."

Everyone stares at Luke in a weird way and he nods at them.

"Jenn, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" He asks.

"Um Sure," I reply.

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous. Was he going to kick me off tour? Am I a distraction to all of them?

He walks in front of me, walking towards a balcony. I walk onto the wooden platform with him and he closes the door.

"Jenn. I have been waiting to ask you something. I know, this has happened with us before, but I promise, I won't let anything happen this time. During my interviews, I said that I couldn't wait for Chicago, well this was the reason. This exact moment was my reason. I could've done this earlier, but I wanted it to be special. The state we first met. My life completely turned around. Jenna Maes, will you please be my girlfriend?"

I was shocked from what he just said. This is like something you want every guy to say to you. I am so happy he has told me all this stuff. We both know that we have feelings for each other and he waited a couple of months for this because I wasn't ready. Knowing that his friends were in on this too makes me smile even more.

"Of course Luke," I reply.

He engulfs me in a hug and I hug way tighter than he is. The scent that I have long missed from our last hug a while ago, was back. I could officially never get over the smell of Luke.

"I love you Jenn," he says.

"I love you Luke."

__________________________________________________________________ALMOST 2,000 words. OMG. longest chapter ever written. But the chapters will probably get longer now since the book is almost over. WOOOOWWW. this was my favorite chapter. Thanks for reading and bye!