Chapter 3 "Weakening Life"

Not long after that, when the use of Miraculous Peacock has become the norm for me. Maybe I didn't always help Mr. Agrest, but I did it often. Unfortunately, my health started to deteriorate considerably. I very often had bouts of coughing and shortness of breath, sometimes I lost my consciousness for a moment, only to wake up after a while. I was totally without strength. 

The only thing that kept me going was the thought that Gabriel needed me. I gave his plans a precision he didn't have. Mr. Agrest was worried about me, but he allowed me to transform into Mayura, but not more than once a day. I was slowly getting used to the pain after using this broken jewelry, but nevertheless, the pain was overwhelming. It all only lasted for a while.

One day, when I was sorting my papers as usual in the morning, sipping already cold coffee, Gabriel emerged from his hiding place.-Nathalie, I will need your help- he replied with a very strange expression on his face, I would say he was saying it with a slight hope for my agreement. However, at the time, I didn't see any other option but to agree to it.

Then Duusu jumped out of my jacket, making loud noises of satisfaction.-But this time I will not need Mayura, but Catalyst, he said, seeing the sad Kwami-Of course-I replied, because what else was I supposed to answer? I liked my boss's plans less and less because more and more often they were on a larger scale, so more people had to suffer, which I did not like very much.

If he needed Catalyst, this plan had to belong to this type of plan.I saw it disappear going down the elevator and after a few minutes, I did the same. After a while I found myself in his hideout, standing a little behind him. Lila was the basis of the plan, and it was intended to disappoint Marinett's friends to be disappointed in the person they relied on. Then the akumas will get them. 

The plan was going well indeed, everything indicated that everything was on the right track. When Gabriel connected with his victims, empowering them and giving them what he wanted in return, they were about to transform, when suddenly I had an uncontrolled fit of coughing and shortness of breath, stronger than usual.

It was too unexpected, I fell to the ground, curling up in pain, choking, and he did what I feared. Gabriel transformed into his normal form, thus breaking the connection with the akumisated people. He ran up to me quickly, propping my back with his hand, and with his other hand, he grabbed my waist. He was terrified of my health, I could see it in his eyes, he pressed me closer to him with each cough.

Then all I saw was darkness, nothing else.

As soon as I woke up, I saw that he was in the living room. I wanted to get upBut as soon as I felt dizzy, I gave up on this idea. I noticed that it was already dark outside so I probably had to sleep all day. Everything hurt, and the memories of my unsuccessful action kept coming back and making me feel worse. I felt that this failure was my fault, that perhaps if it weren't for Gabriel, he would already be in possession of miraculous and my suffering would end.

I wanted to get up from my chair because I needed to find out about Gabriel, I wanted to cheer him up after an unwanted attempt to wake Emily up. I got up from the chair and despite the headache and blurred visibility I was walking towards the door, my employer's office was close, and seeing the light on, I was sure it was there. Once I was at the doorstep, I opened it slightly and leaned against it with exhaustion. I felt like I came back from a long hike.

-Gabriel- I said weakly, realizing after a while that I had used his name instead of a salute.

-Nathalie, what are you doing here, you should rest now- Gabriel said quickly, only the concern in his voice could be heard.

-I'm sorry for that, it's my fault that we lost, if not for that, Emily could be with us- I said sadly, with the bitterness of the loss in my voice.

-It's not your fault-he replied with a slight smile, trying to cheer me up. I wanted to answer him something, but the cough did not allow me to do it, it was intense and strong, I was weakening, sliding to the ground. Gabriel, however, reacted quickly and grabbed me despite my objection, carrying me back to the living room. He sat me down in the same chair again and took my hand.

-You didn't have to carry me here- I said grudgingly, seeing Gabriel start to give me as much affection as Emily.-Nathalie please rest, you shouldn't get too tired, I also think you should stop using the miraculous peacock. the effects of its use have become too severe. - he said firmly looking deep into my eyes as if trying to read some emotions.

-But ...- I was not allowed to finish as Gabriel approached me and kissed my forehead, then said good night and left just like that, leaving the situation without explanation.

However, it was unusual, his kiss was so gentle, but at the same time tender and romantic, I wished it would not be the first and last time, but he had a wife whom he wanted to save at all costs. So what could I do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next part of the story :)

If you like it please give a vote, it is very motivating.