ten.

✩°̥࿐

August kicks off with Margos' sixth birthday, which Louis was aware of due to the countdown on the fridge and the constant reminders, 'I turn six in four days, gonna be a big girl right, Lou?'

The little girl is adamant on making Louis help her plan the big day. Of course they had to go decoration shopping, picking up pink streamers, balloons of every color, and a rainbow piñata. Margo had tried to be nonchalant with her pointing out what she wanted for her birthday as they went through the aisles, and just Louis smiled knowing he had already picked out her birthday gift a while ago. He made sure to show Harry, who reassured him she would love it.

It's a beautiful Saturday morning when Louis arrives at the Styles' residence for Margo's birthday party. Of course he couldn't miss such an important event, seeing as the birthday girl is sort of a big deal to him. He made sure to get there early before anyone else shows up to help Harry set up. When he swings the door open he barely gets one of his shoes off before something hard is crashing into his legs.

"Lou!" Margo screams excitedly, tightening her hold on him. Louis grins, bending down and picking up the small girl in a spin.

"Happy birthday, bug!" He drops his bags and crouches down to hug her. "Oh my goddess, look at you!" Louis says nuzzling into her cheek and admiring her frilly dress, standing up and setting Margo on his hip. The dress is pastel pink with sparkles littering the top while the skirt overflows over Louis' hip in layers. He bends down to grab his bag and the pink gift bag to then continue into the kitchen.

"Do you like it? Daddy got it for me!"

"Of course I do!" Louis answers. Margo giggles and starts babbling about how she's excited for cake and presents. Louis nods along and walks into the kitchen only to see that it's empty; he was expecting Harry to be there. Setting Margo on the counter, he puts his bags on the day bed in the corner and continues listening to the small girl.

"—And Nanny, Oh Auntie Gemma, Uncle Sam and cousin Carly are going to be here, too!" Louis pauses as it sinks in.

He's going to meet Harry's family.

He's about to meet his boyfriend's whole family and it's just sunk in now. How had he forgotten about this? Quickly he grabs a cold water bottle, shutting the fridge and turns towards Margo with a nervous smile. Of course she doesn't notice, too excited about all of the people she loves coming to hang out for the day and celebrate her birthday.

"Right! It's going to be a blast!" he adds in taking a long sip of the cold liquid.

Her smile doesn't falter and then she gasps in thought. "You brought a swim suit this time right? You better not of forgotten, Lou!"

"I did not forget, don't worry." He pinches her nose and grips her hips to lift her back down onto her feet. "Where's your dad?" he asks, letting curiosity get the best of him.

"Oh, he's cleaning the pool. I was supposed to come get him when you got here." She shrugs and puts on an innocent smile. "I guess I got too excited. Oops! "

Louis laughs at how sweet she is before he's being dragged out towards the back door that leads to the pool deck. Margo skips happily with Louis in one hand as she struggles to push the sliding door open. When the two emerge, Louis can't help but let his eyes land on the man on the other side of the backyard standing opposite of him.

He's standing on the other side of the pool wearing only black swim trunks that cut off about two inches above his knees, shirtless, and looking absolutely delicious. His arm muscles move when he uses the pool net, scooping up debris from the night before, probably having forgotten to put the pool cover on. A blue hat sits on his head, his hair tucked behind his ears and out of his face. His skin almost shines from the thin layer of sweat on his shoulders and pecs from the beating sun.