"I'm at the mall with Lukey and Nialler" Louis says, holding up his fist for Luke to bump it while they take the escalator to get downstairs. "And I think Ash is still in the basement preparing for the party, not sure though"

"Okay" Liam says and it sounds distant, so Louis imagines him having an eye contact conversation with Zayn, causing him to sound a bit distracted.

"Why are you asking?" Louis asks, inspecting his fingernails as he leans on Luke in the line.

"Mr Lancaster just came here to talk to you about something, probably footie related"

"Oh, god" Louis says. "What was it?"

"I don't know, but it didn't seem that important, he said you can just come to his office in the next few days, nothing urgent"

Louis lets out a relieved sigh at that and mumbles his order to Luke so he can get them two milkshakes.

"Anyway, he came in and asked where you were and we said that we have no idea, but it's fine since you're probably with Ashton. Lancaster went pale as fuck and said 'no offence but these two sentences don't go together' "

"His exact words, by the way" Zayn adds, probably sitting or standing right next to Liam and listening to the call. Louis chuckles and takes his cup from Luke with a quiet thank you.

"Then he said that we immediately need to find out where you two were because when you and Ashton are missing together, something will break, someone will die or you will die, and stuff like that"

"Again, his words" Zayn interferes.

"That is a very serious accusation, and I am offended"

"It's not untrue, though"

"Well, neither me nor Ash have ever killed someone, or caused someone to die, or died ourselves. I have never died before. Not once. Stop shaming me"

Luke shakes his head with laughter as he links their arms, just listening to Louis' part of the conversation but not requesting an explanation on the shit that leaves Louis' mouth.

"We're just at the mall, shopping for costumes for the party"

Liam makes a long noise of ahh and says that he will tell Mr Lancaster when he sees him, before he hangs up.

As he puts his phone back into his pocket, Luke puts an arm around Louis' shoulders and Louis slings his arm around his waist as they try to sync their steps.

"So what's this thing going on with you and Harry?" Luke eventually asks and Louis turns his head to look at him.

"Well, the problem is that there is no thing" he sighs, before his eyes widen. "Wait" He says. "Did he say anything about me?"

"Not really" Luke shrugs. "After my first day I immediately knew you kind of fancy him so I asked Niall and he says you ask him out like once a day"

"Twice if I have the chance" Louis nods, urging him to go on.

"Later that night I asked Harry and he said that you've done this for years now"

"Did the say something else?"

"Well, I think he was about to, but Nick interrupted and said we need to go to sleep"

"Of course" Louis presses his lips into a thin line and nods, looking ahead once more.

Luke is quiet for a few seconds, before speaking up again. "Have you ever though about changing something in your technique?"

And before Louis has a chance to answer, he goes on. "I mean seriously thought about that. Because I think Harry doesn't hate you, you know? He's a very nice guy, I know that. That's probably why he's always so polite but- seriously. If he really had something against you, he would have snapped at some point. I then asked Ash about it and he told me that he never did"