°~♡𝐾𝑎𝑚𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑠𝑢 - 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑀𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙♡~°

Start from the beginning

I've seen him hesitate and seem nervous for a split second before reverting back to his blank state. I've seen him trip over his own words once or twice around Komaeda-kun and Ouma-kun and quickly fixing up his mistake. And, the last time I played the piano with him here, I could've sworn I'd seen him in a relaxed state, just idly listening to the music.

"Well, if listening to music won't help you sleep, then how about..." I put my finger to my chin going deep in thought. "Ah, I know!" I exclaimed happily after I thought for a second, I turned to Izuru with a bright smile, "How do you feel about playing the piano with me?" I asked him, he seemed slightly confused, yet another example of him having emotions. "Why would I do that?" He asked. "Ah... I thought it would be a fun thing to do instead of just walking around the building..." I told him rubbing the back of my neck nervously. I noticed that Izuru turned his head away slightly, the next thing he said caught me off guard, "Sure. That sounds... nice." Izuru answered, was he... flustered? I smiled brightly at his response, "Perfect! I'm so excited to play with you, Izu- K-Kamukura-kun!" I exclaimed, but blushed at my mistake.

I quickly turned my face towards the piano keys awkwardly. We're not on first-name terms yet! It's 'Kamukura-kun', not Izuru!! Now he's probably mad at you, idiot! My thoughts were cut off as I heard a small sound from beside me, it sounded like a... chuckle? Was Izuru laughing? Soon, I noticed hands move above the piano. "What song are we playing?" He asked simply, I took a moment to respond, "'Heart and Soul'?" I suggested, Izuru nodded. I moved my hands onto the piano, taking a deep breath and preparing to play.

My fingers pressed onto the keys in rhythm of how the song went. The soothing melody started playing as both me and Izuru's hands glided across the piano. We sounded great together, but I should probably expect that from the 'Ultimate Hope'. Half-way through the song, I looked over at Izuru to see his expression. I was expecting to see a blank, emotionless face like he usual had on, but...

...He was smiling.

Izuru was actually smiling with a fond look in his eyes as he played the keys gracefully. This was the first time I've ever seen him smiling... there wasn't a hint of his normal blank facial expression left on his face. I noticed that I was staring and immediately averted my eyes towards the piano with a small blush on my face. I can't believe I got him to smile!! Did he... enjoy playing music with me? No, just focus on playing the song! I mentally slapped myself out of it. Luckily, I didn't mess up the song while I was distracted.

Soon, the song had finished. Izuru let out a sigh, it wasn't like his normal exasperated sigh though... it sounded content. "You did amazing, Kamukura-kun!" I exclaimed happily. "Of course I did. I have every talent anyone could have." He said blankly. "I know that, still... we played amazing together!" I smiled brightly at him. "I... guess so. It wasn't boring, I guess." Izuru said, he seemed a bit... flustered?

"Hey, Kamukura? What are your thoughts on me? You seem to hang out with me quite a lot..." I asked him hesitatently. "Hm... well, you are talented about the piano-" "No, not like that! I mean, like, emotions. Do you feel relaxed around me or..?" I asked, I was a bit nervous to ask, but i just was really curious. "...what? Akamatsu-san, I have already told you, I am-" "-devoid of feelings? If that's what you were going to say, No. That's wrong. Everyone has emotions and I'm sure if you look deeper, you'll find your own feelings as well!" I encouraged him, he seemed deep in thought for a moment. Averted his eyes and I thought that he just wasn't going to answer but...

"You... aren't boring, Akamatsu. You are predictable, yet, I feel relaxed and content around you. It's like the boredom goes away for a brief moment when you're around. Its strange, I don't feel anything around anyone else... yet I feel something around you. Something that makes me feel... different. I'm not supposed to be able to feel, but I feel this warm feeling around you. For once, I don't understand something. It is different, it is interesting, and it is... confusing to say the least." He stated with a confused tone.

°~Izuru's POV~°

I sighed, why am I feeling like this? What is this warm feeling? How am I feeling this feeling? The project should've gotten rid of my emotions entirely... so why? What am I-

My thought process stopped as I noticed Kaede's face. She had a soft smile on her face and her cheeks were... pink? Was she sick? "Akamatsu, why is your face pink?" I asked. She giggled about something, "I'm just really happy Kamukura. I'm glad that you feel something around me." She said sweetly.

I then noticed the clock, how was it 2 AM already? I sighed, "It is getting late. I suggest you go to bed before you stay up all night. It would be bad if the Ultimate Pianist is too tired to work on her talent." I warned her as i got up, "Ah, wait, Kamukura!" Kaede called after me, I stopped at the doorway.

I turned around, "What is it?" I asked her, she smiled softly as she waved, "Goodnight, Kamukura." She told me sweetly, I felt that warm feeling grow warmer. I felt my lips curl upwards slightly, "Goodnight, Akamatsu-san." I waved to her as I left the room.

As I walked down the hallway to the stairs, I couldn't feel that warm feeling going away. Maybe... this feeling was nice, it was new, and definitely not boring.

The End