°~♡︎𝑂𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑠𝑢 - 𝐴 𝑆𝑜𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑑𝑦♡︎~°

Referenced Ships: Kaimaki, Saiibo, Kirukiyo, Tenko x Himiko x Angie.

AU: Love Across the Universe AU

°~Kokichi's POV~°

I sat bored in my room, staring at the ceiling.

Lately, Shumai's been hanging out with Kii-boy so much that I can't tease either of them. Everyone else was hanging out with their friends. Maki with Kaito, Kirumom with Korekiyo, Rantaro with Tsumugi... Tenko, Angie, with Himiko... leaving me all alone today. I mean, I could hang out with Miu or Gonta... but I don't wanna play with nasty bugs or put up with Miu's dirty mouth. Ryoma was in his room like always... he's kinda boring though. Ugh... I guess I'm alone with myself today. I sigh as I stood up from my bed. I then left my room to grab a Panta from the dining hall.

When I got in the school, I heard a soft melody being played inside. Did Monokuma put music on the speakers? Weird. He must be up to something. I shrugged, the melody was nice. It made me feel... safe, for some reason. Once I grabbed a Panta, I started walking to the source of the music. Whoever it was was really good.

I came across a black and white door. It looked kinda like a piano. Kaede? She's the one making that melody? Damn, now I know why she's the 'Ultimate Pianist'. I carefully opened the door so that she wouldn't notice me entering.

There she sat by the piano, she was gracefully gliding her fingers over the keys. Her eyes were closed as she continued to play her piano. She looked... quite pretty actually. Her hair was neatly brushed (except for one piece of hair on the top of her head) and glew a little in the light, her nails were painted white, probably with the help of Rantaro...

I guess I know why Shumai has a crush on her now... I couldn't stop staring at her. What the hell? Nope! Not doing this! I berated myself, I tried to turn around and run away, but of course the dumb universe had other plans.

"Ah- Ouma?" Kaede had a surprised look on her face as she stared at me. I put on my usual smile, "Oops! Seems like I've been caught by Kayayaday~!" I exclaimed with a michevious smile.

Kaede gave me a soft smile, "Did you need anything, Ouma?" She asked politely.

"Nope~! I just came by to see who was creating that horrible music! Seems like it was you, Bakamatsu!" I lied, Kaede sighed.

"Ouma... was that a lie?" She asked, sounding a bit annoyed. "Nee-hee-hee, you know me so well, Kaede!" I continued to smile. She then gave me a smile, "So, you liked the song?" She asked.

"It was okay, not really my kinda thing though!" I answered, Kaede continued to smile softly.

"That song was 'Claire de Lune' by Debussy, its one of my favorites. I recommended Shuichi it, but he's been too busy getting closer to the others to actually listen to it yet." She said with a slight sadness in her voice.

"Yeah... Shumai's been hanging out with Kee-boy all day, leaving me all alone! So rude!" I pouted and crossed my arms to show how annoyed I was. Kaede turned to me, "You don't have anyone else to go to?" She asked me with slight concern in her eyes.

"Nope, everyone else is busy hanging out with someone else! The only ones left are Miu and Gonta, and frankly, I don't wanna play with bugs or deal with Miu's sexual innuendoes." I sighed. "I... sort of get it. I'm not the biggest fan of bugs either, and Miu can be... a bit much." She chuckled slightly by the end of her sentence.

"You could always hang out with me, if you'd like. Maybe I could teach you how to play piano!" Kaede beamed happily.

I put a hand to my chin to look like I'm contemplating it, "Sure! But if I get bored, you'll be in big trouble~!!" I shouted with a michevious grin.

Kaede moved slightly on the bench to make room for me to sit down. I skipped towards the piano and sat down next to Kaede.

"Sooooo are you gonna play me a song, Kaede? Or are you gonna teach me how to play?" I asked, kicking my legs slightly. "Well, is it OK if I play a song for you?" She asked, I nodded.

I didn't sleep that much last night, so I might fall asleep, but hey! I'm sure Kaede's reaction to that would be very funny!!

Kaede began to glide her hands along the piano's keys with the grace of a princess. The tune was nice and peaceful, I haven't felt this peaceful and safe since we got here.

I noticed that Kaede was softly humming the tune of the song as she played. Before I even realized it, my head was resting against her shoulder. I felt her flinch at this, but once she relaxed, she smiled softly.

"Ouma, are you tired?" She asked in a soft tone, I sighed, "Maybe a little..." I mumbled. She nodded softly, she then moved me so that I was using her lap as a pillow. A blush appeared on my face at this. "A-Ah- I thought this might be a bit more comfortable for you. You don't have to stay like that if you don't like this-" She said with an embarrassed blush on her face.

"Nah... it is more comfortable." I mumbled, her embarrassed expression softened. She continued played the piano. She was only playing with one hand for some reason, but then I felt her other hand start to softly play with my hair. Everything was so soothing, I closed my eyes, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.

I was slowly falling asleep in Kaede's lap. I certainly wasn't expecting this! It felt pretty nice, actually. Maybe I should hang out with Kayayaday more. I then fell asleep with a smile on my face.

The End.