2. So much more was said in the unsaid

Start from the beginning

" We love you Bella, you know we're always just a phone call away. "

She buried her face into his black suit, her words were muffled. " I love you too guys, I know. "

Steve gave her a smile and pulled back to give her and Nat some time. " Call me tomorrow, okay? Maybe we could have lunch at my break? "

" Yeah, sure. I'll call you. " She gave a final hug to her best friend.

Rose stood besides while patting her belly.
" We're glad you could join today. " She smiled softly to Nat and Steve before rubbing Arabella's back. " You ready to go back home? I think tiny here's craving pasta, what do you say? "

Arabella nodded and waved goodbye to her friends before she and Rose walked the short distance back home. It only took them a couple of minutes before they stood in front of the little townhouse's front door.

Rose grabbed the keys from her purse to unlock it, but the usual click wasn't heard. " Huh, I'm pretty sure I locked the door. " She grumbled.

Arabella shrugged it off. " Don't worry about it. You know how often even I forget. "

Rose opened the door and the two headed towards the kitchen to prepare for the early dinner. As always, Hercules was already waiting for them on top of the kitchen island inside the open kitchen in front, meowing to have their attention as soon as someone entered. He had the best spot from there were he could see people come and go from the hallway.

Rose opened up a cabinet to find the largest pot. Filling it up with water, she placed it on the stove. " Bella? Can you go and turn on the speaker for me? "

" Yeah, sure. " She walked to the attached living room to turn on the speaker on the bookshelf.

She didn't have to ask Rose what she preferred to listen to, she always knew. It was always Jazz. Connection her phone to the speaker and choosing a jazz playlist, funky rhythms with rich vocals made Rose hum along.

Arabella was about to walk back to help Rose with the dinner when she stopped in her tracks, feeling her blood freeze and eyes widen from what she saw through the archway in front. She saw movements inside her fathers office in the hallway with the door ajar. It was quite dark, curtains withdrawn without any lights turned on, but she could make out that something, or someone, was moving inside. It was strange. The room was just besides the front door which meant they passed it when going inside, and she was pretty sure she didn't noticed something out of the ordinary then.

Her heart start to pump rapidly. She didn't even knew what could hide behind the door, but her instinct told her to be cautious for anything. Thankfully, the music wasn't loud enough to not get Roses attention when Arabellas phone slipped from her hand to hit the floor. The music stopped to play, silent replaced the joyful music.

Rose lifted a brow from Arabella's face expression when turning around, shocked as a dear in the headlights.
" What's the matter sweetie? "

She stumbled upon her words. Eyes still locked to the door.
" I think someone's inside. " She only dared to whisper.

Rose practically threw away the spatula in her hand before she turned off the stove, hurrying to stand besides Arabella. " What do you mean? " She whispered back.

Misery loves company - Bucky BarnesXOCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara