𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝟎𝟗

Performance 09:
Crossing The Forbidden
_________________________

'splash'

His ears perked at the sound, as he opened his eyelids. At first his vision was just an abstract blurry image, then it started to clear up a little. A few blinks and he could finally see everything clearly.

The first thing he sees is his hand, both stretching out of the clear white liquid with his reflection on the water ripple. He could also feel a rather cold water engulfing his body as the bubble of oxygen coming out of his mouth, creating some sort of an illustration of his drowning figure.

Wait, drowning?

He gasped for air at the sudden realization, before his surroundings flipped upside down that made his stomach churn and his head spin around.

Water droplets hanging from his disheveled hair as he kneeled down on the floor. His eyes widened in confusion at his current situation.

A second ago, he was drowned with both hands out of the water and then suddenly the scenery changed with him kneeling in the same exact position, but now, the water is reversed. It's now flooding the area beneath him just right above his wrist.

Furrowing his brows in confusion, he looked up and began scanning his surroundings.

A completely bland place— that's his first impression of the place he's mysteriously trapped in. As far as he could see, the white color dominated most of the space aside from some floating stuff around him. He can't feel so sure whether the things around him are actually walls, or blank space because everything above, beneath, left and right is literally pure white.

Pushing himself up, he noticed some floating things were actually quite familiar to him. He extended his hands until it eventually touched a smooth, silky round surface. A temari, he figured.

He took the ball and placed it fully on his palm, examining the colorful patterns. It's a beautiful combination of dark chocolate, pale purple and mint green with a hint of magenta color and white streaks on the edge of the pattern. It's quite nostalgic how the soft material feels on his palm.

He averted his eyes from it and loosened his grip, letting it float back on the air as he walked forward.

A bunch kind of his childhood toys were spreading around him, but there were also a few literature books and some stuff he couldn't see clearly from the distance he was standing on. His eyes wandered freely, silently admiring the odd place— that somehow put him off his previous thought.

He's wandering around the place as his eyes laid on anything that catches his eyes until the sound of a pair of wooden things colliding against a hard surface snapped him out.

He stopped walking as soon as he heard another sound aside from the splashing water caused by his feet, and turned his head to the direction where he heard it from— and nearly choked on his spit once he realized that he was not alone in that place.

There stood a kid with both hands holding a temari staring straight at his eyes. He has black hair with his bangs nearly reaching his upper lids, eyes red like a wine and a simple lavender yukata that hugged his figure perfectly.

His eyes that somehow look empty, staring straight at his own light brown eyes— giving him a dead fish's eyes impression from the way he looked at him. Then suddenly the boy turned against him and walked away.

He could feel the sudden urge to stop the boy as his legs started moving faster to catch up with him, until a black silhouette made him stop in a halt.

In a hurry, he snapped his head back in the direction where something distracted him.