Late Night Hanging

A gentle breeze blew over Ramshackle Dorm, most of its rattled odds and ends fixed.

Pokemon throughout the Ramshackle grounds slumbered the night away. Except for some of the nocturnal pokemon.

Yukiko was on the bed with Pachi at her chest and Grim on Pachi's other side, thankfully the bed was large enough for them. A California King size if she had to guess.

In her room, Luxray and Persian snuggled together on a large pet bed. Jumpluff was in a hanging minibed snoozing away. Poor Charizard was too big to fit, but he didn't mind sleeping in the Blazing Field enclosure, Primarina was in one of the lake enclosures as well, asleep.

The few other smaller pokemon in the room were Purrloin who was snuggled on the bed with Mimikyuu and Swablu, Lampent who hung overhead like a nightlight with Crobat, Croagunk who had his own hammock, and Rotom who was asleep in the tablet.

While most of her Pokemon were in their special enclosures, the Baby Pokemon all snuggled down in the living room with Jarvis, Rebecca, and Gardevoir keeping watch over them.

Yukiko felt at peace then she felt like her mind was being invaded. But it did not feel like a Pokemon move though.

She found herself in a garden, a rose maze to be presice.

And she saw cards, living cards!
They were doing a peculiar thing: Painting white roses in a red color.

"Hurry and paint the roses red." One card said.
"If we don’t hurry, the flowers will wilt!" Another said.
"Hurry, hurry! There are still some that aren’t painted!" An Ace of Clubs said.

"Wait...Painting… the roses? Why would they do that?" Yukiko wondered.

Then she saw a young girl in a cute dress coming by just as curious.

"Why are you painting the white roses red?" The girl asked making the cards stop and look at her.

"Huh?"

The Two of CLUBS answered her question. "Why, you ask? Well, to tell you the truth, we made a mistake and accidentally planted white roses."

The Ace of Clubs continues. "The Queen loves red, so if she sees white, it’s off with our heads!"

" Goodness! Is that so?" The girl said in shock.

"Yes, it is. That’s exactly why we’re painting them red." The Three of Clubs nodded.

And the dream faded.

"Why was I dreaming about that?" Yukiko asked herself.

Then she woke up to the sound of knocking.

"Huh? We have a late night visitor?" Grim stirred as well as Pachi.

While most of the Pokemon slept on, those that were peeved of the noise was Purrloin, Swablu, and Croagunk.

"Who could that be at this hour?" Yukiko said in her nightgown and robe as she went to open the door.

"Those ghosts just don't know when to quit." Grim said as he was followed by Pachi, Purrloin, Swablu and Croagunk.

Grim then pounced on Yukiko's shoulder to steer clear of the sleeping baby Pokemon. He was surprised how many there were the other day, and some even tried to use his tail as a chew toy!

When Yukiko went to open the door.....

It was Ace, her classmate. And he was wearing some kind of red and black heart-shaped collar on him.

"What's with the collar?!?!" Grim asked.

"Geez! I'm never returning to Heartslabyul. I'm gonna be a member of this dorm from here on!" He said.