𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 ; 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟏𝟗

Feeling the breeze brush across my face and some bugs biting me

Feeling the breeze brush across my face and some bugs biting me. I could here Mathew's soft snores and him talking lightly in his sleep.

His arm was draped around me and his chin rested above me. I looked over at the sunflower patch constantly too see if I Thomas and Bianca would come out.

I looked at Mathew and moved him a little
Before I seen him slowly move his head away from me. I looked at him while he turned his head too look at me.

I seen him move closer and I did as well, we got closer till our noses touched and he kissed me. I was shocked but moved into him.

After finishing I seen Thomas up staring at us both, with Bianca holding his hand.
Thomas just turned around and walked into the house. I felt the droplets of water come down

"Cmon you two we gotta get the horses in the barn" Tex said loudly running to get the horses

Drayton and hoyt and the rest of the men ran inside. The women already in.

I ran with Mathew and he took me to the porch steps before running off to get his horse. I walked in the house and seen Bianca go upstairs and Thomas went down to the basement.

I decided to walk down too talk to him about before. "Thomas?" I said taking my shoes off before stepping on the damp floor. I heard water droplets and the musty smell.

"Thomas? Where are you?" I asked looking around until I seen him come out from the shadows he walked to me.

He grunts and sits down in front of his mirror and grabbing a razor to shave.
I watched him do it with a serious face, his eyes not leaving his reflection.

I was about to say something before Bianca came downstairs with a bottle of wine. "Hey thoma-!" She got cut off when she seen me

"Oh..hi y/n" she smiled a little
"You gonna stay with us?" She asked coming down stairs to us
"Uh I was g-" getting cut off by Thomas he shook his head no and pushed me to the stairs

"Go" I heard him say and he turned around I sighed and walked up the steps.
———————————-
Laying in bed Mathew was with me, we watched on the old tv in the room,
"So...the kiss?" I asked
"What about it? Was it bad?" He chuckled
"No no it was good but why?" Looking at him

He shrugged "it was in the moment you know? I'm sorry" he looked at me nervously. "Your fine it was nice"

Nothing else was said about that kiss, our conversation moved on very fast to other topics "so you and Thomas? What happened?" He laid back looking up at the ceiling