Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

I groan in pain and he just jumps up screaming"I won! I beat the great Hadrian, woohoo!!" he screeched.

I looked over to Irene who stood there just laughing silently. I dust myself and get up giving Fred a tap on the back of his neck. I smile back at Irene nodding my head, she sheepishly turned her gaze away from me and walked towards the palace.

"So she's the one who made you fail," Fred says as he puts his hand around my shoulders.

"Shut up " I smile.

"Do you like her? brother? Why don't you just, I don't know, both of you go out and just have fun, get to know each other better" he says still chuckling.

"I don't know" I thrusted my sword to the floor and heaved a sigh. What I felt for Irene was simply a feeling that I can not explain, and this was something I have never experienced.

"Come on, let's continue, we go to a ten this time" I draw my sword out of the floor and position myself for another fight.

"As his highness wishes," he smiles, and I scoff.

************************

I finally finished a game of Fred whining about his loss to me in training, I beat him ten to zero. I clean myself up and made my way to my chambers and I bump into a lean figure coming down the stairs. It was Irene.

"Uhh hey," I start and curse under my breath for being so shy in front of her.

"Hi" she smiles.

"How are you now?" I ask since she's been on leave for a week.

"Better, thanks to you".

"Don't thank me, it's alright".

She gave a broad smile "I have to go" she announces. I gave way for her to pass and Fred's opinion of asking her out flashed in my memory.  

"Wait!" I call out.

"Yes?".

"I was thinking maybe, we could go out tomorrow, I mean don't get me wrong, it won't be like the last time I left you out in the woods. I promise"what is wrong with you Hadrian, I feel new.

She thought about it for a while "Okay" she replies and smiles taking her hair to her back.

"Okay, I'll see you then," I tell her, and she nods walking away.

********************
    Irene's POV

Evening dawned on us fast that day, I was doing my final chores in Eleanor's room today, she moved in with Fred now, so I worked for her and Natasha. I rushed so fast to my work because I could think of nothing else than Hadrian asking me out and I accepted. I smiled at the thought. 

"Irene, could you help me with my hair," Eleanor asks coming out of the dresser.

"I could help" Fred winked at her and she threw a pillow at him. I love the way they communicate with each other, they look so good together. Fred rushed towards her standing behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist, he whispered something in her ear, and she giggled pushing him away"go take a bath Fred" she smiled.

"Okay okay, mother" he chuckled and walked towards the bathroom.

"I am sorry Irene, come on" she motioned her hands towards me as she sits on a stool facing the mirror. I walked toward her and picked the brush, rushing and brushing her hair nervously. I was shaking.

"Is something wrong Irene?" She asks.

"No " I lie.

"It's Hadrian, right?" She smiled stopping my hands from brushing. I stood silent trying to avoid eye contact.

She just laughed"Fred told me that he saw the way Hadrian looked at you" I felt butterflies in my stomach as my cheeks flush.

"It's okay, I get it. Here" she takes the brush out of my hands"go home and prepare for tomorrow" she smiles.

I nod" but what about Lady Natasha, she might still need me" I inquired.

"I sent you off for the night, she can question you but not me" she winked and we both laughed.

"Thank you" I gesture.

"It's okay, good night Irene" she rubbed my arm.

I smile at her"Good night" I say and left the room. The moment I got out of the room, I leaped in joy silently. I had no idea what was installed for me tomorrow but at least we are getting along. I smiled at the thought and skipped out of the palace.

Silly me!

❤❤❤❤

Keep reading, thank you so much.

Vote,  comment🙈

~Mwah🥺❤